Bills Sign Mario Addison on a 3 year deal

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a very good signing. Addressing the pass rush with the loss of Shaq and a possible need there anyway. The deal unlike Shaq's deal is very easy to get out of after 1 season and is paying Addison for the production he is likely to do as opposed to speculating a significant improvement in production to justify a large free agency contract. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Hardhatharry said:

This guy is going to be 33 when the season starts... I don't know how much he will actually be able to produce.

I could see the concern if his numbers went down the last few years but they haven't his actually been quite consistent getting 9.0 plus sacks the last four seasons. 

1 minute ago, The Jokeman said:

I could see the concern if his numbers went down the last few years but they haven't his actually been quite consistent getting 9.0 plus sacks the last four seasons. 

I guess we shall see being 33 in the NFL is hard to do.

7 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Same money as Shaq? Excellent.

at that price, why wouldn't we just re-sign Shaq? Really took a step forward last year and still has room to improve. I'm guessing he just wanted out after his 5th year was declined.

Just now, BuffAlone said:

at that price, why wouldn't we just re-sign Shaq? Really took a step forward last year and still has room to improve. I'm guessing he just wanted out after his 5th year was declined.

Better pass rusher in Addison and less gtd $

• Thank you (+1) 1

I find it interesting that the approach seems to be not wanting to pay for the big $ free agents. However we are consistently willing to so spend $5-10M on guys. Are you better off with four guys averaging $8M for $32M or one star for $20M and three $4M per players?

4 minutes ago, Hardhatharry said:

I guess we shall see being 33 in the NFL is hard to do.

With the way these guys train nowadays not like it used to be. Julius Peppers played until he was 38. Not saying Addison is Peppers but he could be at the very least similar to what the Bills had in Jim Jeffcoat when Bruce and Phil were starting. 

Edited by The Jokeman

Just now, ngbills said:

I find it interesting that the approach seems to be not wanting to pay for the big $ free agents. However we are consistently willing to so spend $5-10M on guys. Are you better off with four guys averaging $8M for $32M or one star for $20M and three $4M per players?

Who are the big $ free agents that they don’t want to pay at DE? Clowney? 

Edited by YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

Better pass rusher in Addison and less gtd $

He is the better pass rusher...or at least has been. Getting up there in age tho. Not sure he is as solid against the run as Shaq, but I can understand the $$ part of it

2 minutes ago, ngbills said:

Good question, let's see how our D does the next few seasons compared to what the Bears D does or wherever Clowney ends up. 

10 minutes ago, noacls said:

Another overpayment on the d line

What are you basing this off?

Less guaranteed money and front loaded to allow the Bills to get out after a season if needed.

The Bills could revamp their entire DE position after this year with very little dead cap hit. 

Edited by atlbillsfan1975

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Who are the big $ free agents that they don’t want to pay at DE? Clowney? 

I was speaking more generally in that this seems to be the approach they prefer. Maybe they would spend big for the right player. 

Just now, ngbills said:

I was speaking more generally in that this seems to be the approach they prefer. Maybe they would spend big for the right player. 

I think at their positions of big need this year where they would normally do that, the options aren’t worth it. No big time WR or DE FA. Other than Clowney I guess. They did sign the highest paid center last year. I see what you are saying just not sure it’s an actual approach. 

3 minutes ago, wvbillsfan said:

Sign me up for Lawsons contract (if he wanted to be in Buffalo) but I’m certainly not mad that Addison is a Buffalo Bill. 

I think for that $ the Bills wanted more actual pass rush productivity. Shaq isn’t a real EDGE guy. 

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

I think for that $ the Bills wanted more actual pass rush productivity. Shaq isn’t a real EDGE guy. 

I was saying to someone else that I felt... that was Lawsons best.  I don't think you're going to get more than that.  

Addisons best is better than Lawsons best.  I don't know that Buffalo will get that, but I think he'll be a solid player for us.