Bills trade for Diggs - jw no discussions on a restructure

Would it be far to say this is another sign McDermott/Beane/Dabol don't have very little faith in rookie receivers? 

1 minute ago, T master said:

I would have rather had Deondre Hopkins he's not a me first guy !! If Beane would have given what he gave for Diggs he would've been with the Bills ! 

That would have also needed the Texans to want to trade with the Bills and within the AFC. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Well this is exciting 

1) we definitely overpaid. Didn’t read the whole thread but is there any discussion if this was offered for d hop?  Because it seems to be a better offer than the Cards gave the Texans and D Hop is the better player.

2) for as big of a dork he is, Cousins is a better passer than Allen at this point and Diggs wasn’t happy there.  I hope we don’t have to force balls (?) to him to keep him happy. 

3) they certainly knew this was a huge need and filled it.  Hopefully, the weapons excuse for Allen will be done.

4) we have the best small receiving core in the NFL. We still need a big receiver (Claypool or Pittman please).

5) the pressure is on Allen now.  They have built a team around him so it’s time for training wheels to come off.

• Like (+1) 1

Why do people keep comparing this trade to the Texans trade??? Just because Bill O'Brien is terrible at his job does not mean everyone else is. Texans undervalued their asset and it has nothing to do with what the Bills gave up for Diggs. Also their is no indication if Texans wanted to trade Hopkins within AFC.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

35 minutes ago, Jerboski said:

How many second round (late at that) edge rushers live up to their value? That position almost requires a first round pick to get impact 

Well with Addison signing we dont need an immediate impact from a 2nd round pass rusher. If we can get a DE for Addison and Hughes to mentor i think that is best for the team. We have our starters at the DE position. Need to add a young guy to come learn on the bench

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, BritBill said:

Would it be far to say this is another sign McDermott/Beane/Dabol don't have very little faith in rookie receivers? 

very fair. After their misadventures with Zay, can you really blame them?

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

If he had gone to the Pats there would be 137 posts about “wish the bills had balls like belichick”

And the national media would be all over "the Pats just get it" angle.     With little mention of Diggs potential "diva disruption" influence on team culture or giving up too much draft capital...

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Marshallp29 said:

Why do people keep comparing this trade to the Texans trade??? Just because Bill O'Brien is terrible at his job does not mean everyone else is. Texans undervalued their asset and it has nothing to do with what the Bills gave up for Diggs. Also their is no indication if Texans wanted to trade Hopkins within AFC.

I agree. 
There’s zero chance 20+ other teams in the league would not have offered more than Arizona. 
Just an immature response from people mad we gave up what we did for Diggs and didn’t get Hopkins. Obviously Beane was reaching out for elite level receivers 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, BritBill said:

That would have also needed the Texans to want to trade with the Bills and within the AFC. 

If they think the window truly is open right now, then you don't have time to wait for a rookie WR to get acclimated to the league. Not everyone can come in and be a Terry McLaurin or OBJ. Stefon Diggs walks in Day 1 as a proven guy who can help Allen get to the next level. 

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, T master said:

I would have rather had Deondre Hopkins he's not a me first guy !! If Beane would have given what he gave for Diggs he would've been with the Bills ! 

There is no way of knowing how big of a factor David Johnson was in their decision.  If they think he is their "Derrick Henry", they may have valued him as worth more than the #22 pick in this draft. Houston's GM/coach is a wild card and assuming you know what deal he would prefer is foolish. 

1 hour ago, LabattBlue said:

Diggs wasn’t happy in Minny because he didn’t get the ball enough.  I can’t imagine he is going to be any happier here. 

IDK.   I took it that he was unhappy with Cousins' casper milktoast dink and dunk game being too conservative.    Now that he's got the ultimate gunslinger with a big arm for his QB, he has a lot more chances to make the big splash plays that he excels at...

7 minutes ago, Marshallp29 said:

I think Bill O'Brien wanted Hopkins off the team. Lots of tension between the 2. Also, who knows what is going on behind closed doors, and who knows if there is something the media / fans don't know?

2 minutes ago, junior12thman92 said:

If they think the window truly is open right now, then you don't have time to wait for a rookie WR to get acclimated to the league. Not everyone can come in and be a Terry McLaurin or OBJ. Stefon Diggs walks in Day 1 as a proven guy who can help Allen get to the next level. 

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for the trade. It just made me think this backs up my theory the current Bills decision makers aren't overly enamoured with rookie WRs. 

16 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Right....love Diggs but we could've had Hopkins (who is better) for alot less? We still have no size at wr if Duke is cut?

No, the bills couldnt have.

Bill O Brian is an idiot. He did not shop Hopkins, he traded him to AZ with zero shopping done. 

Hopkins was not coming to an AFC team

The Pats also inquired on Hopkins. They didn't get him. The Pats inquired on Diggs, the Bills got him.

1 minute ago, PIZ said:

I think Bill O'Brien wanted Hopkins off the team. Lots of tension between the 2. Also, who knows what is going on behind closed doors, and who knows if there is something the media / fans don't know?

No Bill o Brien is just bad at his job. There is no underlying thing here.

BOB has traded players that don't fit his "Culture". aka who disagree with him.

The Texans are a mess. Have 1 pick in the first two rounds in the next two years, are an old team and just traded their best player.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, DCbillsfan said:

They'll likely move up from 54 if there's a DE they like imo

Yeah, I'd expect Beane to try to move up to the top of Round 2, even if he has to give up 2021 picks to do so.   

The window is open NOW.     Got to climb through it...