Bills trade for Diggs - jw no discussions on a restructure

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I don’t think they will sweat any one position. Like last year they will target players not positions 

Yep. Exactly like last year. Beane fills areas of need in FA and then allows himself to go after BPA in draft. 

Edited by atlbillsfan1975
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, GunnerBill said:

Quinn is another old guy. They need to get younger at the position.

How many second round (late at that) edge rushers live up to their value? That position almost requires a first round pick to get impact 

4 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Quinn is another old guy. They need to get younger at the position.

Wellllll idk. I think our window to win is right now. So I think a couple solid vets on 1-2 year deals is not a bad reality for Buffalo, especially with Brady gone. The AFC East should be ours, no team stands in our way, our Super Bowl window is just starting to open.

• Like (+1) 4

8 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Who you got in mind?

Anae, Greenard, Weaver, Uche. Those 4 are all early to mid 2nds in my mind. 

3 minutes ago, Victory Formation said:

Wellllll idk. I think our window to win is right now. So I think a couple solid vets on 1-2 year deals is not a bad reality for Buffalo, especially with Brady gone. The AFC East should be ours, no team stands in our way, our Super Bowl window is just starting to open.

I am fine with an old guy or two. I am less fine with your top 3 DEs all being over 30. 

• Like (+1) 2

22 minutes ago, JM57 said:

Every trade in the NFL history is bad when compared to the Hopkins trade. If that's your standard for evaluation of value you're going to be disappointed for the rest of your life. BOB has poop for brains and would trade anyone for an Egg McMuffin, as evidenced yesterday. 

It DOES matter what picks they had before the deal. Again, let's just pretend it's Cleveland's 5th and 6th going to Minnesota. Those picks were acquired for the low, low price of trading Wyatt Teller, who they were possibly going to cut anyway. Like you said, every pick has value. To the Bills, the value of the mid-to-late round picks was usage as trade pieces. 9 draft picks were NOT going to make this roster, especially when 5 of those 9 were in Rounds 5 and 6 where every pick is a dart throw.

At #22 you're not getting Stefon Diggs. Jeudy, Ruggs, Lamb? More than likely off the board before 22. I like Tee Higgins a lot, but he's likely not going to be Diggs. Shenault? Not Diggs either. 

This is a move you make when you have a QB on his rookie deal. You have to hit that window to win before you retool the roster to pay the QB. 

I really dont understand this mentality.  Wyatt Teller is 100% irrelevant.   How you acquired the capital does not matter, this is like people who get a tax return spending like drunkin sailers because it was unexpected money or something.

How often does a 5th rounder get cut?    Not likely to get cut.  Likely to not be an impact player, sure.   My issue is more with the #22 pick, that is a top talent at a bargain price with a 5th year option.   That is near where Tre White was picked for instance, but I understand it could also be a bust.

1 minute ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

From a dynasty perspective I agree, but the reality is we've got a 2-3 year window of cheap Josh Allen. 

I think even for this year. I don't know how much juice three 30+ guys are gonna have down the stretch. I say it all the time. When the end comes for edge rushers it comes fast. They rarely slowly decline. They normally hit a wall. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Anae, Greenard, Weaver, Uche. Those 4 are all early to mid 2nds in my mind. 

I am fine with an old guy or two. I am less fine with your top 3 DEs all being over 30. 

My favorite guys are Weaver, Uche, Willekes and Robinson in that order. Weaver and Uche have 2nd round grades and Willekes and Robinson have 3rd round grades. Either way I think it’s be easy to add a solid prospect to groom behind Addison and Hughes.

4 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Yep. He is very Antonio Brown like. 

If he wants a new deal then he is going to have to go the right way about it because after 2020 he has 3 years of contract and very little guaranteed money so he has minimal leverage. If he doesn't show up he doesn't get paid. If he produces on the field in 2020 can I see the Bills maybe reworking that contract to give him a bit extra guaranteed money as a reward? Maybe. But would have to be on their terms.  

Yep. He's going to want a new deal after this year. I imagine the Bills might be okay with it if all goes well. 

14 minutes ago, mattynh said:

I really dont understand this mentality.  Wyatt Teller is 100% irrelevant.   How you acquired the capital does not matter, this is like people who get a tax return spending like drunkin sailers because it was unexpected money or something.

How often does a 5th rounder get cut?    Not likely to get cut.  Likely to not be an impact player, sure.   My issue is more with the #22 pick, that is a top talent at a bargain price with a 5th year option.   That is near where Tre White was picked for instance, but I understand it could also be a bust.

Diggs is a true WR1 who is under contract for 4 years at $46 M and he's only 26.  These guys don't come available often and they don't come cheap.  Diggs immediately improves the Bills offense.  

• Like (+1) 3

I think as a show of good faith, Bills should at a minimum guarantee the next 3 years of his current deal.  Considering what they gave up for him, they’re clearly not cutting him anytime soon. Gives Diggs some peace of mind for injury and maybe keeps him happy for awhile before he asks for more money.  

10 hours ago, BillsMafi$ said:

Compensation update: Bills are trading a 1st-round pick, a 5th-round pick, a 6th-round pick and a 2021 4th-round pick for Vikings WR Stefon Diggs and a 2020 7th-round pick, source tells ESPN.

I hope this isn't another Sammy type deal ... And he leaves the whine in Minnesota !

Can't wait to here his reaction ?

13 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Almost every #1 WR is a me first guy.  

I would have rather had Deondre Hopkins he's not a me first guy !! If Beane would have given what he gave for Diggs he would've been with the Bills !