Bills trade for Diggs - jw no discussions on a restructure

18 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

If he had gone to the Pats there would be 137 posts about “wish the bills had balls like belichick”

On top of this being a solid deal for us overall, the fact we kept him away from the Pats*** is another beautiful piece to the puzzle. :thumbsup:

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, BigBillsFan said:

Ok the genius of this move makes me feel a MILLION times better than losing Hopkins. He's got 3 years left on his contract, proven commodity, won't eat as much cap, and will be an instant #1 WR.

I don't care we lost the picks. I would have given that up for a proven WR. He's our polished NFL ready to go Ruggs for the next 3 years that guaranteed to be a great starter.

It's even better.  Diggs has 4 years left on his contract.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

9 hours ago, NoSaint said:

With 22 they could’ve gotten literally any they wanted outside of zeke

So the Bills were going to do a three way trade with Houston and say, NYG where we give up our #22 ovr pick for Barkley, who goes to Houston, and we get Hopkins? You do see how that would never have happened right?

1 minute ago, Binghamton Beast said:

When Diggs takes his first 10 yard slant for a 70 yard TD fans will forget about what the compensation was to get him.

I'll be saying wow we got him for ONLY basically the 22nd pick, a 5th, and a couple 3rd stringers we were cutting anyways.

• Like (+1) 2

One more thing to play into all of this is the paradigm of potential down-time from the virus issues and the effects it could have on rookies and their learning curve.  That had to be a thought echoed in this.  It’s going to have an effect on player-readiness, the likes of which the league hasn’t seen before.  This was a REALLY important trade.   Bills did well to pull it off.  

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, 1ManRaid said:

Someone in this thread is laughably wrong.  Two 5ths and a 6th doesn't bump you up 14 spots in the 1st round.  That's basically 5 spots each for 5th round picks and 4 spots for a 6th.  Just not realistic.

*edit*

Wouldn't you still give the 8th pick for an established #1 in their prime with years left on their contract like Diggs, for your Super Bowl run?

Absolutely.  Any day of the week.  Drafting WRs is about as chancy as drafting QBs.   So many great college WRs take 2 or 3 seasons to fully learn the NFL game and some never do. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

We only really give up a late first rounder for the major piece that we've been searching for which in turn will make Allen, Smoke, Beasley, Knox, and Singletary better.

They couldn't have done any better, and there will likely be nobody at pick 22 that will be a dominant player...certainly not the caliber of Diggs.

Making the move to contend now is also a factor and I love it. It's definitely time, and it all fits together perfectly. 

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, LabattBlue said:

Diggs wasn’t happy in Minny because he didn’t get the ball enough.  I can’t imagine he is going to be any happier here. 

For a guy that wasn't happy, he produced.

That's what matters.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

Eh.

Would still like to see them go after offense early. If they could get Jefferson or Aiyuk in the 2nd they'd be loaded at the position. 

No, they should be focused on other positions now, could still be Offense though

Edited by DrDare

A lot to get him?! The Bills got a WR in his prime on a fair deal for the next 4 years. Diggs is a proven wide out, basically Ruggs without having to wait on the adjustment to the NFL. I also don’t think Ruggs would of been there at 22, we will find out.
Beane gave up two picks he was able to procure from desperate teams for o-line help. Beane was able to trade Teller and Bodine because he signed quality  FA’s last year. The 4th next year is far off and there are so many other things that could happen before then, it’s an after thought. 

Wideout is a tough position to transition from College. Bills want to win now. Diggs was the better bet than anyone in the draft for that.

Edited by atlbillsfan1975
  • Like (+1) 4

8 hours ago, Rc2catch said:

That does sum it up nicely. 
And we still will have a few posters crying ??

Like you said, they will virtually invent stuff to cry about,  the rest of us have no idea why they even joined this forum... ?

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 2

There was no chance that Lamb, Jeudy or Ruggs would be there at #22 and I think the WR crop after them all have second round grades. Diggs > Higgins, Jefferson, Mims, Aiyuk, Reagor, Claypool etc.

i have to admit that Diggs, Brown and Beasley is a hell of a group to have at WR. I expect #54 will be spent on DE or OT at this point. Prince Tega Wonagho, Kenny Willekes and Alton Robinson immediately come to mind. Overall I think the Bills did no good here, they did GREAT good.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

Agreed.  Hughes, Murphy and Daryl Johnson?

And Addison... a 32, a 31, an always injured 29 and a 2nd year player taken in round 7

6 minutes ago, BeastMaster said:

We only really give up a late first rounder for the major piece that we've been searching for which in turn will make Allen, Smoke, Beasley, Knox, and Singletary better.

They couldn't have done any better, and there will likely be nobody at pick 22 that will be a dominant player...certainly not the caliber of Diggs.

Making the move to contend now is also a factor and I love it. It's definitely time, and it all fits together perfectly. 

Agreed. 

1 minute ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

A lot to get him?! The Bills got a WR in his prime on a fair deal for the next 4 years. Diggs is a proven wide out, basically Ruggs without having to wait on the adjustment to the NFL. I also don’t think Ruggs would of been there at 22, we will find out.
Beane gave up two picks he was able to procure from desperate teams for o-line help. Beane was able to trade Teller and Bodine because he signed quality  FA’s last year. The 4th next year is far off and has so many other things that could happen before then, it’s an after thought. 

Wideout is a tough position to transition from College. Bills want to win now. Diggs was the better bet than anyone in the draft for that.

Bill proverb: "A Diggs in the offense is worth two picks in the 5th and 6th."

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1