Bills trade for Diggs - jw no discussions on a restructure

1 hour ago, turftoe said:

Why was Minnesota so eager to trade him? Time will tell.

Desperate to free up salary cap space, a strong WR draft class, and a rocky relationship between him and Cousins is my guess.  It made sense for both teams and the compensation was fair.  I'm sure Beane did his homework as far as Digg's attitude goes.  

1 hour ago, SDS said:

I guess it is up to Josh to throw it somewhere in his catch radius. Not a slam dunk.

Thats a concern for me too. No excuses for a massive leap in the passing game this year. But that’s a wait and see/cross that bridge when I get to it sort of problem. We should be excited and expect a huge leap in production when we line up with Diggs, Brown, and Beasley. 

If mot it seems like we are still in a great spot cap and/or draft wise to make some moves in FA or the draft in regards to resigning Josh, trading up, or picking up a guy if there is one available. 

2 hours ago, Niagara Dude said:

Beane got fleeced,  first off Cardinals were trying to get rid of Johnson and ended up get a top 3 NFL receiver,  the bar was set and Beane got taken to the cleaners

So the “ bar “ was an historically bad trade by an incompetent GM/ HC in O’ Brien. Got it. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I keep going back to that Baltimore game when they played a cover 1 or cover 0. Josh threw a post to Brown that was well covered and Brown didn’t run the best route. 
Try that again this year but with Diggs on our team. Bet you don’t. 
How much is that worth

• Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Hate giving up a 1st (Bills desperately need a couple edge rushers). Also, Diggs had issues with cousins. How is he going to get along with Allen, who tends to (on the rare occasion), have some accuracy issues?

50 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Duke isn't making the team. I'de like to see a mid round WR added. Like 3rd or 4th round.

Terrible assumption. Foster is gonna be gone.  McKenzie wasnt offered a deal. Williams is not gonna get cut for Nick Easley or Ray Ray McCloud. Here is what its gonna look like:

Diggs

Brown
Beas

Roberts

Williams

Unknown Rookie

Edited by StHustle

44 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

Here’s why it shouldn’t be sticker shock ....because we had extra picks this year. We still have a 2,3,4,5,and two 6s left this year, so basically almost a full draft with a proven guy replacing our #1 pick. Let everyone in the first round take QBs and WRs now so we can have some solid BPA DE,CB,DT,OT, OLB or RB. 

2 hours ago, JOE IN HAMPTON ROADS said:

btw this move shows the FO thinks we can take it to the house this year, no more rebuilding via the draft.

we have arrived.

Yes. And, also... josh, no excuses. You are who you are by year 3. Are you the Bills franchise QB?

I hope so. Love that kid 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 2

40 minutes ago, BruceVilanch said:

It's amazing to me how much people value picks past rd3, it is one thing if we were in full rebuild mode and we had space for young guys to make the team, i know this is rare territory for a lot of posters on here but we are in a win now superbowl or bust window and Diggs helps us now. Good teams don't have a lot of guys make the team past the first couple of rounds, I am more than happy giving up our #1 for a player like him, we can pick up the "big WR" in the draft. Great way to end the day, Go bills!

PS: WASH YOUR HANDS!

I think it's because Beane has been great at hitting on mid to late rounders. They have actually been kinda valuable. We're not used to that