Bills trade for Diggs - jw no discussions on a restructure

19 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Not sure if the whole thing 

Jesus, Stefon, CTFD! I realize you wanted out from Minny, but everything has been put on hold. Stop. Breathe. Chill. 

You can get this pumped up again when they finally open the doors. 

Yer giddy as a school girl, ferchristsake!

• Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Jesus, Stefon, CTFD! I realize you wanted out from Minny, but everything has been put on hold. Stop. Breathe. Chill. 

You can get this pumped up again when they finally open the doors. 

Yer giddy as a school girl, ferchristsake!

I think you're projecting.

• Haha (+1) 1

“I won’t get into all that,” former Vikings receivers coach Darrell Hazell said. “All I’ll say is sometimes his competitiveness is mistaken for other things people don’t see. He is the ultimate competitor. He wants to help his team win however he can do that. Sometimes that’s not perceived the right way. But let me tell you something: There’s not a guy I would rather coach more than that guy because of it. That fire is in him to win football games for his team. Not for himself, but for his team. You want that guy in your locker room. You want that guy on your sideline. And if you don’t have that guy in your locker room, then you’re a little bit concerned.

His personality, yeah he’s a little flamboyant and he likes to talk,” Hull said. “But with his work ethic, no one on the team ever took that the wrong way or anything like that. Obviously coaching him, you have to know how to reach him and understand how to keep his personality under control where it does not become a distraction. It never really became a distraction or anything like that. As long as you have set guidelines and he understands, he buys in … but he’s always going to be who he is. You can’t change who he is because he’s not going to be the same player if you try to change his personality and make him into somebody that he’s not.”

He is an unbelievable practice player,” Hazell said. “He was always first in line, and he’s the guy that always created the energy on the offensive side in the practices. He’s always the guy to create that great energy that you need on some of those slower days. Tremendous worker, unbelievable worker. He listens. Whoever is coaching him is going to have a chance to coach a guy who listens and is trying to get better every single day. He’s got a burning desire to be the best and a burning desire to get better. That drives him. I think that’s why he practices so hard. You see it. He’s out there running up and down the field. He’s got a big motor, which you love as a position coach.”

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 4

Earlier today, the NFL tweeted out Diggs' highlights from Week 6 last year where he torched the Eagles for 167 yards and 3 TDs. Admittedly, Philly's secondary was a very easy match up, but he made some incredible catches/adjustments to the ball and showcased some good YAC and end-around ability.

Yet the thing that stood out to me most about the highlight video was that after every TD, Cousins never made a move towards Diggs, literally running in the opposite direction to celebrate at times. Sounds silly and their relationship was notoriously bad, but I just love that JA is a guy that everyone loves to play with and is everyone's biggest cheerleader. I think Diggs is going to love it in Buffalo, can't wait for next season.

• Like (+1) 2

27 minutes ago, Dont Stop Billeiving said:

Earlier today, the NFL tweeted out Diggs' highlights from Week 6 last year where he torched the Eagles for 167 yards and 3 TDs. Admittedly, Philly's secondary was a very easy match up, but he made some incredible catches/adjustments to the ball and showcased some good YAC and end-around ability.

Yet the thing that stood out to me most about the highlight video was that after every TD, Cousins never made a move towards Diggs, literally running in the opposite direction to celebrate at times. Sounds silly and their relationship was notoriously bad, but I just love that JA is a guy that everyone loves to play with and is everyone's biggest cheerleader. I think Diggs is going to love it in Buffalo, can't wait for next season.

Hope there is a next season. Lots of gloomy projections from folks in the Herbstreit thread.

Edited by Dr. Who
  • Sad 1

I was happy with the Diggs trade from day 1. I never really minded the price tag.

But I was just thinking, with the cancellation of pro days, workouts, in person visits and all the other draft related complications from COVID19 (which has severely limited team’s hands on opportunities with basically this entire college draft class), I am even more ok with it now. This was probably the year to trade away picks for a sure thing.

• Like (+1) 1

• SDS unpinned this topic