Bills trade for Diggs - jw no discussions on a restructure

1 hour ago, Playoffs? said:

Yep.. this could be similar to Moulds/Price. Both Brown and Diggs could have over 1,000 yards. Both guys are gonna open up the field for each other.  Gonna be tough to stack the box... which also means Beasley or a TE underneath, or Singletary...  

The fact that we have a #1 WR really should do wonders for our offense. Should be fun!

Cheers !

agreed.
Josh should consider himself blessed he came to Buffalo about now  : )

17 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

We need to let Allen throw more.  He was 36th in the league in pass attempts per game at 28.....just above Mason Rudolph.  

He needs to be in the top 10 at about 37 pass attempts per game.

He's got the weapons and specifically a #1 now.  Lets throw the ball more.

stats be damned. Lets get the Yac stat though

ypc and pats too

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

We need to let Allen throw more.  He was 36th in the league in pass attempts per game at 28.....just above Mason Rudolph.  

Josh is 23. He has improved each year. Thank you Beane for giving him the weapons. No reason to think he’s close to his ceiling. 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 3

2 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

If teams are afraid to drop safeties into the box because we have serious weapons, and that opens up the run......pound it down their throats. If they creep up to stop the run.....beat them with the pass, long or short. 

I don’t want to emphasize a particular philosophy, I just want to be adaptable for every situation and WIN!!!!

That’s what the Pats* have wisely done in recent years. Play it smart, do what you are not ready for. 

• Like (+1) 4

Big question now is if the Bills sign Gordon or Hyde (which means RB is off the table in the 2nd round)........................

Are the Bills going to be serious about bringing in his brother on draft day?

CB2 quietly could still be a position of need.

12 hours ago, Augie said:

If teams are afraid to drop safeties into the box because we have serious weapons, and that opens up the run......pound it down their throats. If they creep up to stop the run.....beat them with the pass, long or short. 

I don’t want to emphasize a particular philosophy, I just want to be adaptable for every situation and WIN!!!!

That’s what the Pats* have wisely done in recent years. Play it smart, do what you are not ready for. 

To paraphrase Sun Tzu, "The skillful leader attacks only what's left undefended."

• Like (+1) 3

This is interesting.

The Bills are going all in RIGHT NOW because they know Allen is not going to get a second contract and if they are ever going to do anything with the team to justify their jobs, it has to be NOW.

So they are loading up everything they can and gearing up for one (or 2) massive roll(s) of the dice.

• Haha (+1) 2

24 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

This is interesting.

The Bills are going all in RIGHT NOW because they know Allen is not going to get a second contract and if they are ever going to do anything with the team to justify their jobs, it has to be NOW.

So they are loading up everything they can and gearing up for one (or 2) massive roll(s) of the dice.

I can't tell if you're joking or not.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

I think this was a great trade overall.  I remember watching the Vikings-Broncos game last year and thinking how great would it be if the Bills and Josh Allen had a receiver like Diggs!

Diggs gets much more separation and has a much bigger window than most receivers out there.  Just compare to Beasley who has a much smaller window, can't jump up for balls nor burn past defenders.  Great against the zone but not so much man to man.  Diggs has all of that and can beat his defender one on one.  

Had this been a couple years ago and the Bills gave up all those draft choices, then this may not have been that great a deal.  But now - it is a great deal.  Bills are primed to win now and don't worry about 2-3 years from now, worry about that later. 

1 hour ago, Nextmanup said:

This is interesting.

What the ..??

Maybe YOU know, but nobody else does -especially not OBD. I’ve never heard of a team ‘going all in’ with a QB they “know is not getting a second contract”. 

Wazzamattawitchoo, Boy?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 4

On 3/16/2020 at 11:04 PM, Formerly Allan in MD said:

As my son reminds me, Diggs didn't like playing with Cousins so will he like playing with a (thus far) lesser accomplished quarterback in Allen?

who knows what allen is going to be like this year. if makes as much improvement as he did from year 1 to 2 he'll be fine

• Like (+1) 1