Bills trade for Diggs - jw no discussions on a restructure

1 minute ago, Dont Stop Billeiving said:

Thought i heard pick #18 on a podcast but I trust your math. Even better, cheers buddy. You happy with the trade then? 

Yeah, they're falsely claiming that the 4th next year is worth a 4th this year.  That's not how it works. 

Yes I'm happy.  They need/were going to add another WR and I figured they'd take one in the 1st, despite all the talk of how deep a draft this is and the possibility of getting a stud later.  Looking at the latest CBS mock draft, they have 4 WR's going in the top 21 (Jeudy, Ruggs and Lamb in the top-13 and Jefferson at 21), meaning the Bills might only have had a shot at the 5th best WR at 22, but for sure the best it would have been is the 4th.  I am also skeptical of their ability to draft WRs, not to mention that with the fewer and fewer practices and especially what will be a truncated off-/pre-season, the rookie WR's won't have enough time to get up to speed, if they ever do.  That won't be a problem with/for Diggs.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Doc said:

Yeah, they're falsely claiming that the 4th next year is worth a 4th this year.  That's not how it works. 

Yes I'm happy.  They need/were going to add another WR and I figured they'd take one in the 1st, despite all the talk of how deep a draft this is and the possibility of getting a stud later.  Looking at the latest CBS mock draft, they have 4 WR's going in the top 21 (Jeudy, Ruggs and Lamb in the top-13 and Jefferson at 21), meaning the Bills might only have had a shot at the 5th best WR at 22, but for sure the best it would have been is the 4th.  I am also skeptical of their ability to draft WRs, not to mention that with the fewer and fewer practices and especially what will be a truncated off-/pre-season, the rookie WR's won't have enough time to get up to speed, if they ever do.  That won't be a problem with/for Diggs.

Draft is so deep with Receivers they can get a guy in the  2nd/3rd/4th who can make an impact for them. The reason I love this trade for the Bills. Fills an immediate need with a proven player, NOW. 

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Motor26 said:

Draft is so deep with Receivers they can get a guy in the  2nd/3rd/4th who can make an impact for them. The reason I love this trade for the Bills. Fills an immediate need with a proven player, NOW. 

Sure but the trick is identifying them. As I said, I’m skeptical of their ability to scout wide receivers.

I hate losing a 1st, and have concern about how Diggs will react if Allen has trouble hitting him (relationship with Cousins had soured). Whether this trade will be a success depends on the QB upping his game.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, par73 said:

I hate losing a 1st, and have concern about how Diggs will react if Allen has trouble hitting him (relationship with Cousins had soured). Whether this trade will be a success depends on the QB upping his game.

Um you lose a first round pick every time you use it to draft a player.  We essentially just drafted a proven stud and top 10 WR with our first round pick in Diggs.

Draft pick = 1 player.  

Instead of drafting an unproven player at same position who statistically odds are won’t ever be as good as Diggs, we drafted an elite proven talented instead in Diggs.

So why do you hate “using” our first to get 1 PROVEN player vs using the same first to get 1 unproven rookie at same position who most likely won’t ever be as good as Diggs?

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 11
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I think its important to point out that Buffalo is no longer in the rebuilding mode and some of these low draft picks can no longer make the team. What the Bills need now is impact players and they certainly got one in Diggs.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Um you lose a first round pick every time you use it to draft a player.  We essentially just drafted a proven stud and top 10 WR with our first round pick in Diggs.

Draft pick = 1 player.  

Instead of drafting an unproven player at same position who statistically odds are won’t ever be as good as Diggs, we drafted an elite proven talented instead in Diggs.

So why do you hate “using” our first to get 1 PROVEN player vs using the same first to get 1 unproven rookie at same position who most likely won’t ever be as good as Diggs?

Thanks for pointing this out.  I am sure the poster did not know you get a player with a draft pick.  Deep insight!

1 hour ago, HOUSE said:

I think its important to point out that Buffalo is no longer in the rebuilding mode and some of these low draft picks can no longer make the team. What the Bills need now is impact players and they certainly got one in Diggs.

Perfectly said nothing to add !

Looking at the way Diggs goes about his work, I think the guy is Uber-competitive and wants to win.  I think he shares that with Allen and thus they should get along great, especially with McDermott's culture and that should take care of the negatives with Diggs.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, par73 said:

If he causes trouble, you cut him. He’s got no guaranteed money from the Bills at present.  Like how they wanted to do with Brown, but he refused. 

7 hours ago, par73 said:

Typical Buffalo fan afraid of getting elite talent syndrome 

• Like (+1) 6

53 minutes ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

Typical Buffalo fan afraid of getting elite talent syndrome 

It's more "well, that team that player for less so why did we have to give up a 1st..."

1 minute ago, BeastMaster said:

Cut a guy we traded a first rounder for?

Yikes!

That's obviously worst-case scenario.  But all teams have cut/traded 1st round picks, and usually with large guaranteed/dead money.

Allen gave both Brown (over 1000 yards) and Beasley career years at the same time, while ending the season a markedly better QB than he was in the first quarter of it.

He will be better next year too.

Josh may wind up not being the answer, but Diggs will be incredibly productive either way. Allen will be more consistent getting him the ball than the Vikings offense was 

Edited by arcane
  • Like (+1) 1