Bills trade for Diggs - jw no discussions on a restructure

8 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Haha looks like a big group with Quincy Avery. I don’t think they are 6 feet apart!

It's sad the thing that came to mind watching the vid was social distancing and gathering size

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, GG said:

No, all I'm doing is providing another benchmark to compare the relative compensation.  There was a lot of crying that Bills gave up a 1st round pick and AZ gave up a 2nd round pick for a starting receiver.  I provided more quantitative context to gauge the trade values.  In the end, it's a question of whether David Johnson is worth the difference between #22 and #40? 

Gerry: I think it’s fundamentally unfair to compare the two trades. One was a garden-variety trade between two well-run franchises who know to assign value, and the other was this: https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28911663/deandre-hopkins-trade-grade-texans-flunked-cardinals-got-elite-receiver.

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, 947 said:

What if we had traded #22 & next years 1st to move up & grab CeeDee Lamb? Would anybody really rather have that over Diggs for #22 & a couple late picks?

On paper? Nobody should have a complaint.

On grass and turf? Totally different story.  If the Allen Diggs Brown (See what I did there?)  triumvirate works then everyone here was on board from day one.  

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Gerry: I think it’s fundamentally unfair to compare the two trades. One was a garden-variety trade between two well-run franchises who know to assign value, and the other was this: https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28911663/deandre-hopkins-trade-grade-texans-flunked-cardinals-got-elite-receiver.

The Beckham trade is a fairer comparison.  Texans made a terrible deal, I say to rationalize.

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

On paper? Nobody should have a complaint.

On grass and turf? Totally different story.  If the Allen Diggs Brown (See what I did there?)  triumvirate works then everyone here was on board from day one.  

You stole that shtick from Allen’s tweet.

20 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

You stole that shtick from Allen’s tweet.

Modified and improved, thank you very much.

28 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

a translation for avery’s tweet? Diggs is there working out with a crew of his guys which is why I posted it. 

Ahhh, I guess I don't know Diggs or his crew as well as you do.

• Like (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, GreggTX said:

Now for TE and RB. I'd be OK with OT in the 2nd or 3rd if there's value there. Gotta win in the trenches too.

Nah unless you’re talking about claypool and converting him to TE (which, granted, he is already doing) I still think it’s DE and RB. A RT would not be bad either

We just got the best WR we've had on this team since Eric Moulds and we're worried because we gave up a 4th and 5th rounder for a guy with 4 more years on his contract and he's 26.

We were probably going to use our 1st on a WR anyways, but now we get the best WR we've had in forever.

I swear complaining about this is like the Billy Madison principal who awarded no points for his answer and may God have mercy on your soul.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2