Bills trade for Diggs - jw no discussions on a restructure

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

In 6 games without Theilen, Diggs had 143, 4, 49, 121, 25 and 92 yards.

Either way Minnesota moved into a run team with Cook finally healthy. Rudolph and Thielen are enough for them to stay effective. 
I would of been extremely happy to take any of their 3 top pass catchers. Diggs was the most logical and highest upside 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Oh come now.  Overreact much?

I think we can all agree that this place is often maddening to different people at different points. Seeing as your job includes cleaning up on/after game days, I know you must relate. 

For whatever reason, me watching posters point out (correctly) that the Hopkins deals is one of the worst in NFL history, and then immediately try to trash this one using that one as an example, has put me over the edge. 

I'd much rather compare this to normal GMs making trades, like Bill B giving up a 2nd for Sanu, or the Falcons a 2nd for a backup TE. 

The return for this trade is well worth what we are getting, and I don't think there's any analysis you can do on this draft or drafts in general that could ever suggest otherwise, and these clowns comparing it to the Hopkins trade and pretending we could have given our 2nd to houston for Hopkins haven't come close to beginning even the most rudimentary "analysis"

11 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

@Hapless Bills Fan
I know it's PFF, but

PFF is great when they stick to actual data or things that are reasonably close to actual data (like drops).

Where I have a quarrel with them is when they get into creating numbers that look like data and are touted as data, but are actually someone's subjective perception of stuff that didn't happen but might have happened AKA "making ***** up"

• Like (+1) 4

PFF is great when they stick to actual data or things that are reasonably close to actual data (like drops).

Where I have a quarrel with them is when they get into creating numbers that look like data and are touted as data, but are actually someone's subjective perception of stuff that didn't happen but might have happened.  "Potentially interceptable throws" or the like aka "Making ***** Up."

I agree

3 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

Either way Minnesota moved into a run team with Cook finally healthy. Rudolph and Thielen are enough for them to stay effective. 
I would of been extremely happy to take any of their 3 top pass catchers. Diggs was the most logical and highest upside 

It's a good trade.  They had to do something.  Diggs is 2 orders of magnitude better than any pass catcher the Bills had on the roster last season

2 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

I'm convinced @Mr. WEO doesn't actually watch football.  He just follows the box scores.

This is rich....

14 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

@Hapless Bills Fan
I know it's PFF, but

Half (9) of those have come over the past 2 seasons (233 targets).  1/3 (6) of his career total last year (94 targets).

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Which would be good for an average of 72 yards per game and 1,150 yards over a season. 

True.  But he was under 50 yards for 3 games without Theilen in the lineup.  Essentially blanked in 2.

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

True.  But he was under 50 yards for 3 games without Theilen in the lineup.  Essentially blanked in 2.

Yep. He does have inconsistencies that Theilen doesn't - I said that right at the top. But at his best he is unplayable in a way I have never thought Theilen to be. 

Just now, GunnerBill said:

Yep. He does have inconsistencies that Theilen doesn't - I said that right at the top. But at his best he is unplayable in a way I have never thought Theilen to be. 

Here's hoping.  He won't have Theilen opposite him here. 

15 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

I don't think its unreasonable to compare the two deals. Especially when we could have had Hopkins and for so much less.

I guess that I would ask at this point for somebody to show the board that we actually walked away from a smoking deal for Hopkins versus blindly speculating.  It takes two to make a deal and the fact that Hopkins is out of the AFC on the cheap means that Bill O'B was not dealing in the conference in my mind.

• Thank you (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

I don't think its unreasonable to compare the two deals. Especially when we could have had Hopkins and for so much less.

Posters are really discounting two things

First, Hopkins was traded to a NFC team

Second, if David Johnson is healthy again he is a top back that can run and catch.

Bills had neither of those two things to offer Houston. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

I guess that I would ask at this point for somebody to show the board that we actually walked away from a smoking deal for Hopkins versus blindly speculating.  It takes two to make a deal and the fact that Hopkins is out of the AFC on the cheap means that Bill O'B was not dealing in the conference in my mind.

You will get nothing and like it!

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

He won't and he will demonstrate beyond any doubt he is a true #1 in his own right. 

Knox actually showed potential to be that Theilen-like physical big WR at times last year - to just out physical and out muscle and pwn the DB the way Theilen can.

If he can get the "bunny drops" under control, don't leave him out of the Bills receiver calculus.

• Like (+1) 2

Knox actually showed potential to be that Theilen-like physical big WR at times last year - to just out physical and out muscle and pwn the DB the way Theilen can.

If he can get the "bunny drops" under control, don't leave him out of the Bills receiver calculus.

I am still a Knox fan. I think he is a candidate for a break out year. 

• Like (+1) 2

24 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

No we couldn’t have. If that were true. It would’ve happened.

22 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

In 6 games without Theilen, Diggs had 143, 4, 49, 121, 25 and 92 yards.

That works out to 1157 yards over 16 games.