Bills trade for Diggs - jw no discussions on a restructure

6 minutes ago, YattaOkasan said:

I saw some pinpoint ones but i saw a lot underthrown balls too. 

@GunnerBill reading Weos post and i was looking for drop % and couldnt find anything too helpful for receivers, but I did see he had 4 fumbles and notice some clips with him double handing the ball.  I'm a bit concerned with that but kids a stud.

Advanced rushing and receiving with drop % for Diggs here:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/D/DiggSt00.htm

Player advanced receiving (with drop %) here:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2019/receiving_advanced.htm

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, BillsFan3434 said:

I love this trade just as much as the next guy because Diggs is a stud.  I just hope Allen knows how to use him.  Looking at the highlights from 2019 and a lot of those throws are pinpoint accurate from cousins.

True, I did notice how accurate some of those throws were.  But a lot of them also seemed to take several weeks to get there. Josh can throw some ropes to Diggs while he's still wide open before the DB can close again, unlike Cousins.

And Diggs has great, snatchy hands, so he should handle those JA fastballs no problem.

Hopefully Josh has been working on that deep ball too, because Smoke and Diggs are going to get each other open deep regularly. We'll see. Fun times!

6 minutes ago, BuffaloBill963 said:

Houston fans going to revolt 

I'm no where near a Houston fan, and believe me I'm revolted!  I feel Deshaun Watson should be placed under observation, unless he actually had some kind of falling out with Nuk that wasn't reported.

The only thing saving me from open rebellion is @JoPoy88 and others who have pointed out that an in-conference trade for Nuk was NOT going down.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Buscaglia: The stats are there, as is the remarkable talent he exudes on the field even on plays where he isn’t directly involved. I’m only a game and a half into the film of his 2019 season and I’ve already seen Diggs make defenders look silly several times with his setup, his speed into cuts and his ability to stop on a dime and gain separation. And separation is the name of Diggs’ game here. The Bills won’t have to worry as much about tight throwing windows for Allen over the next few years because Diggs creates a cushion against defenders. I think the underrated part of the Diggs deal is what this does for John Brown. Brown is a great route runner himself and has the ability to win in several different ways; now, without the focus of the defense solely on him, he should thrive next to Diggs. The way these two receivers win on their routes fits Allen’s skill set. Instead of a big receiver, what the Bills really needed is someone who can separate, win in the intermediate areas and make the tough catches with defenders draped over him. Diggs’ ability to go over the top is a bonus.

Edited by Reed83HOF
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

The other math is to the Hopkins trade.  Diggs' equivalent is Texans #2 pick plus the last pick in the 2nd round.  Is David Johnson worth that difference?

Well now we have a guy who can do this. Hopefully it’ll rub off on John Brown.

11D8DDCE-A546-40E0-8980-AB18402E11CA.jpeg

56 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Well, I look at it as the entire nation is conditioned to think "the Bills never win anything," so the Vikings must have won that trade.     

But we got the best player in the deal and the Vikes got potential.    It remains to be seen how well that potential plays out for them...

Picks are picks. We have proven young talent in prime now. I couldn’t care less about analysis on this trade. We needed bonafide top talent and we got it. We can still grab another awesome maybe bigger WR in the deepest WR draft ever 

Edited by BuffaloBill963
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, BuffaloBill963 said:

Well now we have a guy who can do this. Hopefully it’ll rub off on John Brown.

11D8DDCE-A546-40E0-8980-AB18402E11CA.jpeg

Picks are picks. We have proven young talent in prime now. I couldn’t care less about analysis on this trade. We needed bonafide top talent and we got it. We can still grab another awesome maybe bigger WR in the deepest WR draft ever 

I wouldn't put hopes up for a WR being awesome in rounds 2-3. The deepest potential at WR but lots will not work out just the way it is. 

28 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Well, not right now...

Talent wise....who knows?  Lots of guys have talent, yet they don't produce commensurate with that talent.  In this case, that's why Theilen is the better WR of the 2.

I mean he isn't. But okay. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

Diggs wasn’t happy in Minny because he didn’t get the ball enough.  I can’t imagine he is going to be any happier here. 

You also couldn't imagine Brady leaving NE, and told us so a dozen times. 

So you can see why we won't be too worried that it's tough for you to picture this being a success :)

I don't know if anyone else posted this WGR Howard and Jeremy interview with a former WGR host who now works in Minnesota. He gave a glowing commentary about Diggs's talent and production. He made the observation that Diggs is a high intensity player and personality. This link is 15 min. If someone else posted this link I apologize for the redundancy. 

https://wgr550.radio.com/media/audio-channel/03-17-matthew-coller-from-skor-north-in-minnesota-on-stefon-diggs

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

I'm just going on what they have done on the same team.  I have nothing else to base it on.

That is fair if you are just looking at pure numbers. But we have seen now Diggs produce a 1,000 yard season without Theilen. I will have a little bet that Thielen doesn't do the same without Diggs unless they go and find him another running mate who can create those holes in defenses that Thielen feasts on. 

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, YattaOkasan said:

I saw some pinpoint ones but i saw a lot underthrown balls too. 

@GunnerBill reading Weos post and i was looking for drop % and couldnt find anything too helpful for receivers, but I did see he had 4 fumbles and notice some clips with him double handing the ball.  I'm a bit concerned with that but kids a stud.

@Hapless Bills Fan
I know it's PFF, but

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 3

Although the Bills paid retail so to speak for Diggs he is worth it in my opinion. First off he is on a very good deal for his level of production. And his deal is relatively easy to get out of after 2021. Secondly as much as I love McBeane with draft picks it wasn't like the team didn't have extra mid round picks to spare and pick 22 would have most likely been spent on a WR anyway. Why risk Josh Allen's development and the team's window to win on a rookie? When Diggs is a proven vet who immediately sets the WR1 tone for the next 3-4 seasons considering he turns 27 this season. 

Is it a risky move for Buffalo? Yes, but this is the season to take some risks. Last off-season the team was very prudent in making not too many splashy acquisitions in order to build a deep quality team. Well now that the foundation has been put in place you need to add those final few pieces. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, arcane said:

If one more person says we could have had Hopkins for less, SDS should burn this place to the ground. 

I don't think its unreasonable to compare the two deals. Especially when we could have had Hopkins and for so much less.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 5

6 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

That is fair if you are just looking at pure numbers. But we have seen now Diggs produce a 1,000 yard season without Theilen. I will have a little bet that Thielen doesn't do the same without Diggs unless they go and find him another running mate who can create those holes in defenses that Thielen feasts on. 

In 6 games without Theilen, Diggs had 143, 4, 49, 121, 25 and 92 yards.