Bills trade for Diggs - jw no discussions on a restructure

6 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

This is why I think we're pretty much done in FA...at least anything more than depth.  Dawkins and Milano probably coming up soon.  Tre next year.

Hyde might get an extension.

We got room for one more (Diggs is going to want/need a raise)

2 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

We got room for one more (Diggs is going to want/need a raise)

If Beane could somehow land a cheaper replacement for Murphy (or rework his contract like Star), that would give them a lot more flexibility to get Reader and maybe one more mid-level FA...

11 minutes ago, Jerry Jabber said:

Out top 3 WR's look very nice for 2020. On top of seeing what Diggs can do in a Bills uniform, I'm also interested in the "trickle down effect" Diggs will have on Brown and Beasley.

Day 1 of free agency was good for the Bills, now I'm hoping Beane adds another weapon on offense (maybe a TE?)

Maybe a TE, think of the trickle down effect on Beasley and Knox underneath with Diggs and Smoke taking the top off the defense. 
With those 3 receivers out there shoot even lee smith could be a legit receiving target. 
I don’t think tight end is a big need. Knox had some rookie issues but he flashed some serious upper echelon abilities for a receiving tight end. He’s a monster breakout candidate this season now with Diggs in the fold. 
Biggest focus should probably be more pass rush and depth if I had to guess. 

• Like (+1) 4

2 hours ago, ShadyKarlosSmashDash said:

So the Bills were going to do a three way trade with Houston and say, NYG where we give up our #22 ovr pick for Barkley, who goes to Houston, and we get Hopkins? You do see how that would never have happened right?

Saquon may be another off the table.

we trade 22 for Hopkins.

houston either picks any RB they want, or even trade back. Or deals that pick. Cards would add more assets than a bad contract RB to get 22, for instance. 

you do see outside of veeeery few limitations 22 is incredibly valuable in targeting a RB?

23 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

also, HUDS, there are great receivers in this draft, but I believe there is still a learning curve with young receivers.

...heading into the fourth year into this regime, with two playoff appearances, is not “learning curve” time. He is a vet.

so, true number one with Diggs, still deep ball threat with Smoke, and possession receiver with the Bease...and year two for Knox and Singletary. 

I am not unhappy. 

Spot on per usual Donuts. Also, don't discount Beane's alchemy when it comes to the draft--wouldn't shock me in the slightest if we still end up with one of those great receivers from the draft class to develop and provide a talent pool for years to come at the position and help our boy #17 surpass the franchise greatness of Kelly...dare I hope??

Someone get on the horn and retrieve the poll thread from last year asking if Beane is the greatest GM in Bills history--I bet he inches closer to the top spot every day! :w00t:

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Lurker said:

If Beane could somehow land a cheaper replacement for Murphy (or rework his contract like Star), that would give them a lot more flexibility to get Reader and maybe one more mid-level FA...

Oh Murphy sticks out like a sore thumb, add a year and gtd $$ this year. I think my move would have been dump Murphy and pay Shaq $10M (due to age & health alone), but we have some work to do here

• Like (+1) 1

First off, I love that Beane was willing to make this move, proving once again that he will act on a need.  

On talent and production, Diggs is truly a #1 receiver and gives us one of the best groups at that position in the league.  

My reservations are as follows:

-I always hate giving up a first round pick because I love mock drafts and am selfish like that.  I truly believe Diggs is better than anyone we would have gotten at the trade value of 18 overall.  

2 - Is he going to want a new contract sooner than later?

3 - Is he a culture fit?  I know his charity work and his effort on the field.  I’m always worried about guys who makes their disputes public on social media.  What if he doesn’t like Josh?  

4 - He had a temper tantrum on the sidelines when his team got a critical gift first down, but it wasn’t throw to him.  We have a lot of mouths to feed and how’s he going to handle a 5 target day?

• Like (+1) 4

39 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I love the Diggs deal. I am a bit more lukewarm on Klein and Addison. I can see some of the reasoning neither are guys I am all that high on. I expect them to both be those Beane type deals that they can get out of after 1 year though 

Yeah, which is why I actually think they are such good signings.  He’s a master of getting that kind of value to get him to the next the player upgrade.  Find solid value at the very least and not over paying for it using team friendly deals is what makes him so strong.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Alot of Vikings fans are saying they fleeced us, they're speaking off raw emotion.

Going back on Twitter and YouTube , the fans wanted to keep him , looked at him as superior to Thielen. When he started sending cryptic tweets, fans said they'd want a 1 and 3 at least.

He's an elite talent. Just watch the highlights and see for yourself. 

Let's goooo Buffalooo

• Awesome! (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I kind of had that reaction.  If we were gonna trade a first round pick, OMG I like Diggs but Hopkins >>> Diggs.

Houston might not have wanted to deal Hopkins to us as a potential playoff opponent in the conference.

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Thielen is more consistent than Diggs. But talent wise? Diggs is better and frankly I have never thought it was all that close. 

Whereas Ireland doesn't even have a king. 

Well, not right now...

Talent wise....who knows?  Lots of guys have talent, yet they don't produce commensurate with that talent.  In this case, that's why Theilen is the better WR of the 2.

31 minutes ago, BillsFan3434 said:

I love this trade just as much as the next guy because Diggs is a stud.  I just hope Allen knows how to use him.  Looking at the highlights from 2019 and a lot of those throws are pinpoint accurate from cousins.

I saw some pinpoint ones but i saw a lot underthrown balls too. 

@GunnerBill reading Weos post and i was looking for drop % and couldnt find anything too helpful for receivers, but I did see he had 4 fumbles and notice some clips with him double handing the ball.  I'm a bit concerned with that but kids a stud.

12 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I kind of had that reaction.  If we were gonna trade a first round pick, OMG I like Diggs but Hopkins >>> Diggs.

Is it bc Hopkins wants a new contract? A big one?

43 minutes ago, Jerry Jabber said:

Out top 3 WR's look very nice for 2020. On top of seeing what Diggs can do in a Bills uniform, I'm also interested in the "trickle down effect" Diggs will have on Brown and Beasley.

Day 1 of free agency was good for the Bills, now I'm hoping Beane adds another weapon on offense (maybe a TE?)

Hooper and a big WR in the 2nd rd