Bills trade for Diggs - jw no discussions on a restructure

7 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Alot of Vikings fans are saying they fleeced us, they're speaking off raw emotion.

Going back on Twitter and YouTube , the fans wanted to keep him , looked at him as superior to Thielen. When he started sending cryptic tweets, fans said they'd want a 1 and 3 at least. He's an elite talent. 

Yeah, they are trying to convince themselves that they "won" the trade. It appears everyone outside that fan base tends to disagree - not just Bills fans. 

Hello all from locked down Italy, in all this ***** that is happening right now this is  the best news I could hope for. Great. Just hope JA is as good as many think he is...Love u all Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

No he was sharing his targets with an inferior receiver. And this is not a new opinion. I have been saying Diggs > Theilen for 2 years. 

He is my guy. I would love him at #54.

Well I've been saying I'm the King of Ireland for at least the past 5 years....still not true!

Diggs is a solid 10-12 YPC WR.  Dropped 6 passes last year (under 100 targets).  Theilen catches everything.  Missed games last season.  Was clearly superior to Diggs in 2018.

Diggs can score though, and this Offense is desperate for points, so it's a good trade.  Guess Beane wasn't overly impressed with  the top WR prospects.

2 minutes ago, Bills69 said:

Hello all from locked down Italy, in all this ***** that is happening right now this is  the best news I could hope for. Great. Just hope JA is as good as many think he is...Love u all Go Bills!

Ggreetings. Stay safe!

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

I couldn’t be more thrilled with the Bills pulling this off in view of what we clearly needed most last year to take that next step—you may quibble about price versus draft moves, but this is Whaley-level fun splash but guided by an actual progression plan that fits and instantly makes us better as a whole. Now if we can just keep the guys healthy and start our season off on time, look out AFC!!

also, HUDS, there are great receivers in this draft, but I believe there is still a learning curve with young receivers.

...heading into the fourth year into this regime, with two playoff appearances, is not “learning curve” time. He is a vet.

so, true number one with Diggs, still deep ball threat with Smoke, and possession receiver with the Bease...and year two for Knox and Singletary. 

I am not unhappy. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Well I've been saying I'm the King of Ireland for at least the past 5 years....still not true!

Diggs is a solid 10-12 YPC WR.  Dropped 6 passes last year (under 100 targets).  Theilen catches everything.  Missed games last season.  Was clearly superior to Diggs in 2018.

Diggs can score though, and this Offense is desperate for points, so it's a good trade.  Guess Beane wasn't overly impressed with  the top WR prospects.

Thielen is more consistent than Diggs. But talent wise? Diggs is better and frankly I have never thought it was all that close. 

Whereas Ireland doesn't even have a king. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I was not in the Diggs camp when initially there were discussions about his potential trade to Buffalo - but honestly, after re-thinking this and going through all of the positives, namely his immediate contribution vs. Rookie WR that needs to learn and grow, along with his age being his prime productive years and his fair contract for 4 more years, while truly giving up a 1st this year and a 4th next year, this is a very fair and potentially tremendous value for the Bills.

I'm all aboard the Diggs train, especially if the Offense continues to evolve and Josh Allen grows as a result. Let's Go Bills! 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Out top 3 WR's look very nice for 2020. On top of seeing what Diggs can do in a Bills uniform, I'm also interested in the "trickle down effect" Diggs will have on Brown and Beasley.

Day 1 of free agency was good for the Bills, now I'm hoping Beane adds another weapon on offense (maybe a TE?)

18 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

I’ll say it again:  Antonio Brown is the closest comp (as a player).  Elite route running, hyper competitiveness, insane hands, feet and body control.

This is exactly right, very similar players.   Through the first five years of their careers Diggs has more touchdowns and a better catch %.

He is an elite talent.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Philo said:

Yeah, they are trying to convince themselves that they "won" the trade. It appears everyone outside that fan base tends to disagree - not just Bills fans. 

Well, I look at it as the entire nation is conditioned to think "the Bills never win anything," so the Vikings must have won that trade.     

But we got the best player in the deal and the Vikes got potential.    It remains to be seen how well that potential plays out for them...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Why do we care what the Bills paid for him in money? We care about the picks, and we just lost a first and several others. Is Diggs worth it? The Minnesota fans seem mostly happy about this.

I do kind of see the logic. A drafted WR takes two years on average to bloom. But it seems really high. 

Looking forward to going into the season not worrying about WR though. Looks like a baller. 

Curious - can anyone think of other teams that have given up similar currency for a like talent and have been rewarded? (5th rounder I believe). 

24 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Alot of Vikings fans are saying they fleeced us, they're speaking off raw emotion.

Going back on Twitter and YouTube , the fans wanted to keep him , looked at him as superior to Thielen. When he started sending cryptic tweets, fans said they'd want a 1 and 3 at least. He's an elite talent. 

So they got a lower half Rd 1 2020 pick, a 5th and 6th in 2020 and a 4th in 2021 which is equivalent to another 5th in 2020.  and gave up a 7th rd pick.  These things have a way of working out for both sides.

8 minutes ago, Jerry Jabber said:

Out top 3 WR's look very nice for 2020. On top of seeing what Diggs can do in a Bills uniform, I'm also interested in the "trickle down effect" Diggs will have on Brown and Beasley.

Day 1 of free agency was good for the Bills, now I'm hoping Beane adds another weapon on offense (maybe a TE?)

Sure beats the hell outta Deonte Thompson, Zay Jones & Kelvin Benjamin!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, Lurker said:

IDK.   I took it that he was unhappy with Cousins' casper milktoast dink and dunk game being too conservative.    Now that he's got the ultimate gunslinger with a big arm for his QB, he has a lot more chances to make the big splash plays that he excels at...

Think Diggs personality and Josh's are a perfect match.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Well, I look at it as the entire nation is conditioned to think "the Bills never win anything," so the Vikings must have won that trade.     

But we got the best player in the deal and the Vikes got potential.    It remains to be seen how well that potential plays out for them...

Good point. It's the Bills so they must have lost out.

I'll take the proven playmaker in his prime on a reasonable deal over the potential player every day of the week and twice on Sundays.