Bills trade for Diggs - jw no discussions on a restructure

10 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

100% agree. And this has the added bonus of assuaging my concerns that they'd waste 22 on a lineman.

Yep, I was rooting hard for that pick not to be used on another defender.  

Hurts to give up that first round pick in such a WR-rich draft, but this shows that the Bills are in “win now” mode, which is exactly where they should be going into Josh’s third year.  I hope they don’t ignore the possibility of taking another WR at 54 now.

7 hours ago, turftoe said:

I hate this trade. Beane just doesn't know how to trade for a WR. Corey Coleman, Kelvin Benjamin, now Diggs. Vikings GM must have a big smile on his face.

Not as big as the Cardinals GM. Bills still have a 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th. What are you complaining about

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

A good trade. Only thing I’m worried about is his character concerns! Not a good teammate or a good guy!

Kind of an off note post. I play plenty of fantasy football.  Diggs has been a feast or famine guy. That tells me he often had poor production games. Lots of factors at play such as Minn. wanted to run the ball and Thielen was the featured WR. Just thought I'd mention it and see if there's anything to it...

Edited by newcam2012

39 minutes ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

A good trade. Only thing I’m worried about is his character concerns! Not a good teammate or a good guy!

We'll see.  I thought the same thing about Shady and he turned out okay.  There was a thread a month or so ago asking if you'd trade a 1st for Diggs and I said without hesitation as long as Beane made sure he was right mentally and wouldn't turn into a distraction.  I hope that's the case.

18 minutes ago, mannc said:

Yep, I was rooting hard for that pick not to be used on another defender.  

Hurts to give up that first round pick in such a WR-rich draft, but this shows that the Bills are in “win now” mode, which is exactly where they should be going into Josh’s third year.  I hope they don’t ignore the possibility of taking another WR at 54 now.

Unless they find a free agency solution I think it is nailed on they go pass rusher at #54. Could well see them go receiver in round 3 though and there will still be some good players there. 

1 minute ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Schefter said on SC that he will get a new deal

Interesting. Let's see. Moving money about I can see. Not sure they need to throw a whole heap more at him. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, GETTOTHE50 said:

Stefon would have given us 2 wins last year if he was on the team.

1) last play of the game against the ravens 

2) the ball duke dropped in the end zone against Houston. He probably gets his feet inbounds too when brown couldn’t. 

So, you're assuming in both these situations the same CB would've been on Brown in both of those situations with Diggs lining up opposite him and that every play up to that point in the game wouldn't have been altered with Diggs in the lineup.  You should work for WRG.

3 minutes ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

Stefon would have given us 2 wins last year if he was on the team.

1) last play of the game against the ravens 

2) the ball duke dropped in the end zone against Houston. He probably gets his feet inbounds too when brown couldn’t. 

It still baffles me how he didn't get his feet down, almost as much as it baffles me how every single player missed a block on that QB sweep. 

• Like (+1) 2

With the #22 pick in the 2020 NFL Draft, the Buffalo Bills select Stefon Diggs.

Who is upset about that?

The 4th and 5th are from a couple of nobodies the Bills dealt to suckers.

The "that's too much to give up" crowd befuddles me.  This team is in it to win it and Diggs is a HUGE, proven piece.

Edited by eball
  • Like (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

1 hour ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

Why is he not a good guy ? 

15 minutes ago, mattynh said:

That is a mountain of compensation

Bills had three 5ths and two 6ths from the Teller and Bodine trades. Let's just say Beane moved the Cleveland picks to simplify it.

Buffalo sends #22, the Wyatt Teller picks (CLE's 2020 5th and 6th) and a 2021 4th

Buffalo gets Diggs and a 2020 7th

Projection guys think the Lawson signing could net Buffalo a 2021 4th compensatory pick also

13 minutes ago, Protocal69 said:

Maybe we need to get a new MOD. This topic was closed. Please explain why

Please show me in these 32 pages the video I linked in this post PLEASE!

Thank you, no THANK YOU!

Add it then. It doesn’t need its own thread when numerous videos of his performances ARE here. 

Dry your eyes, sunshine.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 5

1 hour ago, MikeSpeed said:

What this move means to me is they are in win now mode. A WR in round 1 may take a couple of years to pan out. Diggs signals now is the time.

Although I probably would have gone edge in the 1st. But hey FA isn't over yet. ?

of course we are