Bills trade for Diggs - jw no discussions on a restructure

51 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I’d probably add one more but the pressure is off. They needed a 1 which is the hard one to add. They did that. I’m thinking:

Diggs

Smoke

Beasley

________
Foster 

Duke

(Roberts KR/PR)

Nice Group!! Maybe you see a “McKenzie type” in the mid rounds (or any quality WR that slips)

Lynn Bowden would fit that bill. ?

Edited by Buffalo Junction
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Turk71 said:

Michael Gallup had a practically identical season to Diggs, is he a dominant force too?

Yes, he could be on his way.  And what does this even have to do with Diggs?

John Brown had close to his numbers to.  

Again, the Vikings went run heavy weeks 1-5.  Didn't work.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, longtimebillsfan said:

That was my first reaction when I heard about this trade.  But, I still completely trust Beane.  He has a plan and he has shown that his moves usually turn out for the best.  We have a experienced proven #1 receiver compared with an unproven risk if we were to draft a receiver with our #22 pick .

Trust Mcbeane...Trust the process!!!

I don't hate the move but if this doesn't workout that is a heck of alot of players we could have had for 1 but of course if it does then nobody really cares about the compensation.

3 minutes ago, Turk71 said:

Michael Gallup had a practically identical season to Diggs, is he a dominant force too?

Gallup has 20 more targets and played across from Cooper.  That’s why Diggs is dominant. 

his complaints early in the year are likely target related when the team was struggling (weird note he bipolar games in loss then too 1/7 in a loss to GB and then 7/7 in a loss to chi). We should review the tape of that GB game to see what was going down. 

lastly to those talking about him wanting to change his contract, would you acknowledge the bills have some leverage in this deal. Dude would have to hold out for 4 years of his prime and lose 45 million dollars. He’s pretty fairly compensated but a bit underpaid. I had he talked about upping his contract 

Just now, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

I don't hate the move but if this doesn't workout that is a heck of alot of players we could have had for 1 but of course if it does then nobody really cares about the compensation.

I don’t think those players make this team right now with as deep as it is. 

2 minutes ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

I guess this is a high risk, high reward situation.  We might as well get behind this move.  It is going to happen.

1 minute ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Uh huh. Because I'm sure the Texans, after barely beating us in the playoffs, were jumping at the bit to move him to us instead of the Cardinals in the NFC ?

Do you  really think a outer division, conference game is gonna help them after gettering rid of there best player 

Just now, Bronxbomber21 said:

Do you  really think a outer division, conference game is gonna help them after gettering rid of there best player 

U take the best compensation 

2 minutes ago, longtimebillsfan said:

I guess this is a high risk, high reward situation.  We might as well get behind this move.  It is going to happen.

I'm totally behind it, we have a solid 3 headed monster at WR. 

Someone does have to get him on board with chicken wings, he's not a fan at all.

2 hours ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

I'm totally behind it, we have a solid 3 headed monster at WR. 

Someone does have to get him on board with chicken wings, he's not a fan at all.

Well that's gotta change.   How does he feel about beef on wecks?

Edited by longtimebillsfan

38 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

100% and maybe in round 2.  

The history of the draft says you have can hit on these guys in any round and this class is deep.

So you secure a legit #1 by trading the 22nd instead of waiting for a rookie to make the impact we need now.  

The one we draft later can develop and.....trust the process.  

This offense boy.  If Allen continues his progression:

Diggs

Brown

Beastly 

WR we draft

Maybe Big Mike; another UFA? 

Roberts

Knox

Singletary

Sign Gordon or Howard 

Keep building the oline 

McDermott is the only reason im not livid about this because i do trust the process.

35 minutes ago, Bronxbomber21 said:

We could have drafted  Hopkins with that pick

Hopkins is old

33 minutes ago, Bronxbomber21 said:

U take the best compensation 

Hey man, if you look at the return that O'Brien got and think that they were getting calls from around the league, more power to you. My guess is he made a call or two to get rid of a guy he didn't want. And, again, I doubt the team they barely beat in the playoffs was not very high on their list.

7 hours ago, McBean said:

Don’t mind giving up a #1 for a true #1 WR...

It was either Diggs or Tee Higgins.

I mean, really? How could anybody be mad about this?

So far, only known trolls are barking, which I appreciate. Makes it easy to spot them.

7 hours ago, Rc2catch said:

I can’t believe some of you guys on here. Some of y’all would be crying we didn’t acquire any real talent, now complain we gave too much. Just dying to find negative ***** to complain about. Go cheer for the Jets. 

We’re looking to give them the opportunity to.

7 hours ago, Success said:

The Bills generally HAVE to overpay.  Beane makes up for it by finding overachievers elsewhere.

It's impossible not to like this. All of a sudden, our WR corps looks very good.  Diggs & Smoke, baby.

Diggs, Smoke and Water!

7 hours ago, Niagara Dude said:

Beane got fleeced,  first off Cardinals were trying to get rid of Johnson and ended up get a top 3 NFL receiver,  the bar was set and Beane got taken to the cleaners

Thank you for high-lighting yourself <scribbles down screen name >

7 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Except he’s wrong.  So there’s that.  Hopkins was NOT traded for a 4th.  

Yeah, but he’s ALWAYS wrong. He’s one of those dyslexic thinkers.. If he says it’s bad, it’s good!

7 hours ago, kbarrettb said:

What an awful overpay. Diggs isn’t a number 1 he’s basically Cooks he’s a good number 2. What an absolute joke of an overpay. No way would I trade a number 1 for him. Geez!!!

Oh yeah! You’re gonna work out just fine here! I have a ‘feeling’ about these things..

7 hours ago, billieve420 said:

I would have checked with Houston if they were interested in Singletary and made the move the AZ Cardinals did. We could have drafted RB in the 1st rd and potentially had Hopkins who I think would be a better fit with Josh. However, not knowing if this is something Houston would have even considered so moot point.

YOU need to be a mute point.

7 hours ago, Process said:

If the Hopkins trade didn't happen today id be wayyyyy more excited

Lemme get this straight.. an idiot pulls an idiot trade and you use that as the precedent? Have I got that right?

7 hours ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

OHHH SHIZ... we just gave up all that for a money bonafide #1 who we only pay $11 mil a year for 4 years!!!!! OHHH THE HUMANITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GTFOH

?

7 hours ago, buffalobillswin said:

Those picks become very valuable when you want to move up in earlier rounds to get your guy. Also Beane has shown he can find value in late round picks.

I don't mind the trade but let's not act like 4th and 5th rounds picks are worthless.

Worthless, no. But this roster has filled out very well in 3 years making later round picks nearly worthless. They’ll either be incredible or gone. Also, ‘let’s not’ tell people how to act.

7 hours ago, Doc said:

At pick 22 they were looking at probably the 4th best WR, maybe 5th.  And the learning curve for rookies is often steep.  I have no problem with the picks given up and his salary is a bargain.  Not sure why anyone is bitching about, and again, the Texans weren't trading Hopkins to the Bills.

No intelligent poster is bitching, so there’s that..

7 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

Super bowl

***** book it

I dare say we may have finally returned to this level of hope. So, of course the world now comes to an end.. just our luck?‍♂️

6 hours ago, kbarrettb said:

Great. He is going to want a new deal. Anyone who thinks he is playing on that 4 year 45 mil deal is crazy. They are going to have to renegotiate that. Such an overpay for a number 2. Still no number 1 for Allen to throw to. 6 foot tall receiver, he is Brandin Cooks. Oh well trade the entire draft for Diggs, this will work out well. ?

GTFOH

6 hours ago, Reed83HOF said:

?

6 hours ago, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

Ok, on that we can agree .... I just tire easily of the “if you don’t agree find another team, hater” crowd 

Oh yeah? Well if you don’t agree...

6 hours ago, Cal said:

I don't know. I dont think he fits Josh's skill set. Diggs is just a better version of John Brown. I would of liked a bigger guy that can go over middle. Diggs is a good deep threat but Josh isn't the best deep ball thrower. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Worry no more. You are.

6 hours ago, NickelCity said:

I liked a ScottLaw post. I am shook. 

It is indeed the End Times!

3 hours ago, longtimebillsfan said:

Well that's gotta change.   How does he feel about beef on wicks?

Beef on candle strings? Yuck!?

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I keep seeing people saying the Bills got “fleeced” on Twitter (not that I care) but I don’t see it that way At All. 

IMO the Bills weren’t getting a receiver as talented as Diggs at #22, and to trade up into the range it would take to get one of the top receivers in this draft class (assuming they’re still on the board and a team is willing to trade down to #22), it would most likely cost more than a 5th + 6th + 4th next year. And it would probably take better/more premium picks to do it (like a 2nd/3rd, etc).

This gives us a #1 WR we know is plug & play. No rookie learning curve. No wondering if he can produce in the NFL. We know Diggs is a top tier receiver in the NFL.

Im thrilled.

• Like (+1) 4

1 hour ago, Turk71 said:

I can understand this trade if he plays under his current contract. If the Bills give up all that draft capital and then redo his contract I don't like it. He is a really good receiver but he is not a dominant force.

He is dominant. Diggs is easily a top 5 WR. 

Watch some footage. 

• Like (+1) 1

So we got Diggs and a 7th for a 1st, a 4th, and two throwaway picks we got for Teller and Bodine.  Not quite as good as the Cardinals, but no GM in the NFL is as stupid as BOB (our coach is stupider, but not our GM).  Beane done good.  Still got lots of picks in this draft and FA ain't over yet.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I am absolutely fine with this trade. We wanted to use that 1st round pick to find a top end receiver and the draft wasn't quite lining up that way in terms of likely value at that spot. 

Diggs is proven, he is 26 and in his prime and he has a contract which frankly is a bargain the next 4 years. 

What is not to like? 

Oh and the people saying "Diggs is like John Brown" really, really, really need to watch some film of Stefon Diggs. 

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Like (+1) 10
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I am absolutely fine with this trade. We wanted to use that 1st round pick to find a top end receiver and the draft wasn't quite lining up that way in terms of likely value at that spot. 

Diggs is proven, he is 26 and in his prime and he has a contract which frankly is a bargain the next 4 years. 

What is not to like? 

I 100% agree with you. Some people just can't be happy with anything Buffalo does. This is a fantastic move. 

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

He is dominant. Diggs is easily a top 5 WR. 

Watch some footage. 

He absolutely can take over a game. I'm psyched they got him. I was referring more to his physical presence and the fact that he can be neutralized in some games.  

Maybe him letting me down a couple times on Draftkings was in the back of my head.☺  Can't wait to see him on the fieId.