Bills trade for Diggs - jw no discussions on a restructure

2 minutes ago, Tesla03 said:

we could literally spend our 2nd round pick on another top end WR for the future and would be perfectly fine. 

fans really don't understand how much cap space we have on this team. 

I can't see us spend a draft pick on another WR when we still need to address OL,  LB and a 2nd RB....I am hoping wee can get the ex-Falcon RB

8 minutes ago, BuffaloFan68 said:

I’m a big Diggs fan but we gave up way too much for him.  Draft is one of the deepest talent pools for WR & we do this?  System glitched big time 

Get it together Buffalo 

Tell me which wr in the draft will be better than Diggs as of this moment and I’ll say you are correct.

9 minutes ago, BuffaloFan68 said:

I’m a big Diggs fan but we gave up way too much for him.  Draft is one of the deepest talent pools for WR & we do this?  System glitched big time 

Get it together Buffalo 

Way too much?  If Diggs was in the draft this year and you could get him at 22nd would you pull the trigger?  The other picks are insignificant freebees that likely wouldn't make the roster.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ganesh said:

I can't see us spend a draft pick on another WR when we still need to address OL,  LB and a 2nd RB....I am hoping wee can get the ex-Falcon RB

It will be BPA once Beane is done with free agency. 

Everyone comparing this deal to Hopkins did not watch much of Texans last year. I was living in Hou for much of last year and watched almost every snap he played. Guy was either hurt or lost a step, maybe 3. Would not surprise me if he goes the way of anquan boldin/kelvin benjamin/ Brandon Marshall ect. Most likely scenario I actually think he’ll be similar to Larry fitz of last 5ish years. Good catch radius, chain mover, but not a game changer. These deals are apples and oranges IMO.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

I like this a lot. Think the price was slightly higher than I would have expected, but honestly not surprised he cost at least a 1st. Great WR on a great contract long-term.

Makes a lot of sense for us; he checks every box we've been missing. We have 2 years to figure out if Josh Allen is the guy or not and with this trade, we know for a fact that (barring injuries) he won't have any excuses if he doesn't show significant improvement these next two years.

If Allen thrives, the trade was worth it because we paired him with a great WR that helped him take the next step in his development. If he fails, the trade was worth it because it tells us without a doubt that we need a new QB.

Relying on a rookie WR to step in from Day 1 and be the #1 or #2 guy was clearly a risk that Beane didn't want to take. Can't say I blame him at all for feeling that way, especially when the alternative is bringing in a great young WR at an affordable salary.

• Like (+1) 5

5 minutes ago, BuffaloFan68 said:

Get it together Buffalo 

Looking back at this scouting staff thinking that Zay Jones was worth a #2 pick, #37 overall. That Kelvin Benjamin was worth a #3 & 7th round picks in trade. I'm not saying that I'm not 100% certain that they could find a talent in this years draft like Diggs at #22 that could make the instant impact Diggs will make this season. 

Texans HC Bill O'Brian had better know receiver talent to replace DeAndre Hopkins in this draft. 

Beane doesn't need to find that rare, special WR talent in the draft as he just traded for him, as this kid is only 26 and is a proven talent.