Bills trade for Diggs - jw no discussions on a restructure

1 minute ago, BuffaloFan68 said:

I’m a big Diggs fan but we gave up way too much for him.  Draft is one of the deepest talent pools for WR & we do this?  System glitched big time 

Get it together Buffalo 

This is about risk management. A WR at 22 has a 50/50 chance to be a quality starter in 2-3 years.  Diggs will be a 2020 star. 

• Like (+1) 2

26 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

They were not eager. 
they transitioned into more of a run team last year, they throw to Rudolph and Theilen a lot, when things were ugly on offense Diggs got mad because the play calling was dumb. He wanted out and they agreed. Works out great for buffalo, Diggs and the Vikings who need the draft picks on cheap contracts they have cap issues 

well lets pray brian daboll has his ***** together this season 

3 minutes ago, BuffaloFan68 said:

I’m a big Diggs fan but we gave up way too much for him.  Draft is one of the deepest talent pools for WR & we do this?  System glitched big time 

Get it together Buffalo 

So let’s draft a guy and hope he’s as good as Diggs was the better option here?

Just now, Tesla03 said:

well lets pray brian daboll has his ***** together this season 

That’s actually the biggest issue I can see from all this. They can’t go into a shell and decoy the weapons now up by 7-10 points. 

• Like (+1) 2

Beane has shown a willingness to use draft capital to get "his guy" - regardless of whether the "value" on paper is perceived as overpay.  He acquires additional picks for the purpose of having capital to make deals to get players he targets, not to draft 11 players each year.

Edited by stevewin
  • Like (+1) 4

4 minutes ago, BuffaloFan68 said:

Get it together Buffalo 

we could literally spend our 2nd round pick on another top end WR for the future and would be perfectly fine. 

fans really don't understand how much cap space we have on this team. 

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Cal said:

I don't know. I dont think he fits Josh's skill set. Diggs is just a better version of John Brown. I would of liked a bigger guy that can go over middle. Diggs is a good deep threat but Josh isn't the best deep ball thrower. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Diggs goes over the middle.    

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, TC in St. Louis said:

I skipped ahead from page 6 to 20.  Here's the thing:  We got a 6th for Bodine, who was cut one week later.  We got a 5th and a 6th for Wyatt Teller, who wasn't going to start for us, might not have even made the team.

We had 2 5th's and 3 6ths, thanks to Beane busting a couple moves last summer.  They were going to be used to trade up.  Let's say Diggs is worth the 12th pick in the draft.  Was that too much to take that player?  Go back thru the draft history of WR's taken in the 1st-2nd round.  Lots of swings and misses.  Ask Detroit fans.  

Diggs can be dominant.  With John Brown burning downfield, Beasley darting around 10 yards downfield, Knox making tough catches and plowing through linebackers....they can't cover all those guys.

And we have an intact OL coming back, Josh at QB, Singletary in the backfield.  This is shaping up quite nicely.

And Beane ain't done.  

I like all of this except I don't think we can count on Knox regularly making tough catches (yet). He's certainly exciting in most aspects. His hands though...man we need them to improve. 

Edited by NickelCity

51 minutes ago, kbarrettb said:

Deepest wr draft and you trade a ton of picks for a number 2. Sound move. This screams ownership wanting a “big” name. You build through the draft. 

Lol! The Bills have been smart with draft picks and cap space the past couple years precisely so they could afford a move like this. They were patient and got through the growing pains of the rebuild and now it's time to make a championship run. We have 2 years before we have to think about extending Allen. Beane made the one move that HAD to be made to get this offense to a championship level.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1