Bills trade for Diggs - jw no discussions on a restructure

2 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Or did Bil OBrien continue his string of trades where he gets taken to cleaners in both directions? I'd probably think that..this is pretty fair compensation for a young, proven WR under a reasonable contract for 4 years...

O’Brien is literally the laughing stock of the league today 

• Like (+1) 1

I skipped ahead from page 6 to 20.  Here's the thing:  We got a 6th for Bodine, who was cut one week later.  We got a 5th and a 6th for Wyatt Teller, who wasn't going to start for us, might not have even made the team.

We had 2 5th's and 3 6ths, thanks to Beane busting a couple moves last summer.  They were going to be used to trade up.  Let's say Diggs is worth the 12th pick in the draft.  Was that too much to take that player?  Go back thru the draft history of WR's taken in the 1st-2nd round.  Lots of swings and misses.  Ask Detroit fans.  

Diggs can be dominant.  With John Brown burning downfield, Beasley darting around 10 yards downfield, Knox making tough catches and plowing through linebackers....they can't cover all those guys.

And we have an intact OL coming back, Josh at QB, Singletary in the backfield.  This is shaping up quite nicely.

And Beane ain't done.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, TC in St. Louis said:

I skipped ahead from page 6 to 20.  Here's the thing:  We got a 6th for Bodine, who was cut one week later.  We got a 5th and a 6th for Wyatt Teller, who wasn't going to start for us, might not have even made the team.

We had 2 5th's and 3 6ths, thanks to Beane busting a couple moves last summer.  They were going to be used to trade up.  Let's say Diggs is worth the 12th pick in the draft.  Was that too much to take that player?  Go back thru the draft history of WR's taken in the 1st-2nd round.  Lots of swings and misses.  Ask Detroit fans.  

Diggs can be dominant.  With John Brown burning downfield, Beasley darting around 10 yards downfield, Knox making tough catches and plowing through linebackers....they can't cover all those guys.

And we have an intact OL coming back, Josh at QB, Singletary in the backfield.  This is shaping up quite nicely.

And Beane ain't done.  

Still have 60 million and 7 draft picks. I love it.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BuffaloFan68 said:

I’m a big Diggs fan but we gave up way too much for him.  Draft is one of the deepest talent pools for WR & we do this?  System glitched big time 

Get it together Buffalo 

So sick of hearing this. Who knew that 18 wide receivers are immediately guaranteed to have back-to-back 1,000 yard seasons and a better contested catch rate, than the 2nd best in the league?

Diggs will put up better stats this year than every single wide receiver in this draft (except, maybe CeeDee Lamb but we weren't getting him anyway).

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3