Bills trade for Diggs - jw no discussions on a restructure

Just now, Alphadawg7 said:

I’m confused...thought it was 4 picks.  Thread title says 2 picks and 2 players.  Which is it?  

Come on man, keep up.  :P 

The extra picks we got for Teller and Bodine are what's being referred to...

22 minutes ago, kbarrettb said:

Deepest wr draft and you trade a ton of picks for a number 2. Sound move. This screams ownership wanting a “big” name. You build through the draft. 

The Bills gave up the opportunity to pick a WR who might or might not be a starter in 2020 plus a bunch of "Mr Irrelevants" who were unlikely to make the team -- even with an expanded practice squad.  Diggs has a "big" name because he's proven that he's a top NFL WR and a playmaker, something the Bills really, really needed and didn't have much chance of acquiring in the draft. 

Better to give up a first and some Day Three picks than giving up more to move up in the first round.

22 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

we have no one like this on the roster, which is what I want on a WR. It is entirely up to Josh and I'm scared schitless

I'm not scared at all.  I'd rather find out that Allen's not who the Bills drafted him to be in 2020 than to be still asking "Is Allen the man?" come 2022, which is where we very well might be if the Bills don't give him better skills players.    They've added the veteran playmaking WR.  Now they need to add another WR and RB.

• Like (+1) 1

I don't know. I dont think he fits Josh's skill set. Diggs is just a better version of John Brown. I would of liked a bigger guy that can go over middle. Diggs is a good deep threat but Josh isn't the best deep ball thrower. Hopefully I'm wrong.

OK.....so because I have been on the Diggs train for a while now.......I am now really hoping this work out LOL

People complaining about the 1st round pick (I really dont care about the other picks....a 4th next year and be recouped.....the late round picks ppl need to understand that nearly ALL of our team is under contract RIGHT NOW......there are draft picks that might not make this team.

With Diggs you are getting a young playmaker who isnt gonna come out the gate slow because he is a rookie.......you are getting a seasoned number one RIGHT NOW......Smoke and Diggs will work off each other.....just speed everywhere.

He is on a cost controlled contract......he isnt an old guy where you are trying to replace him in the draft......

IF we were to trade up for a young wide receiver in the draft.....this is the kind of compensation that you would be giving up for that......Ruggs is not exactly a mountain either and probably the best player we would have been in a position to get.

Now....give me Robert Quinn or Grifftih please.

You can cry about the picks.....the fact is the bills just got a LOT better.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, SoTier said:

I'm not scared at all.  I'd rather find out that Allen's not who the Bills drafted him to be in 2020 than to be still asking "Is Allen the man?" come 2022, which is where we very well might be if the Bills don't give him better skills players.    They've added the veteran playmaking WR.  Now they need to add another WR and RB.

I agree, it is the nervous excitement and I don't want to start over with a new QB LOL

1 minute ago, Cal said:

I don't know. I dont think he fits Josh's skill set. Diggs is just a better version of John Brown. I would of liked a bigger guy that can go over middle. Diggs is a good deep threat but Josh isn't the best deep ball thrower. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Doesnt fit his skill set.....Smoke and Bease had their BEST seasons last year......this team got a whole lot better when we put more speed on the field.

Yes more size is needed.....and can be found

• Like (+1) 3

10 minutes ago, Nelius said:

Because he was unhappy and the relationship frayed and got to the point where it couldn't really be saved. You're right, time will tell, but he's truly just a football player with no off-the-field nonsense who doesn't otherwise display diva tendencies. If he's trashing Josh on Twitter a year from now, then it's a pattern that might fit the head case designation, but at this point I just think he's a guy who needs a fresh start.

call me crazy but I feel like allen and diggs will get along. 

I think Diggs just didn't like Cousins, personally. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Cal said:

Diggs is open any and everywhere on the field. He’s much much more than a good deep threat. He can win jump balls in the red zone, he can execute screen passes, slants whatever. Go watch his old games in Minnesota.