Bills trade for Diggs - jw no discussions on a restructure

6 minutes ago, Motor26 said:

‘The 4 and 5 don’t get you close enough to where Lamb or Jeudy go. It would be more like 22+2nd round pick.

Yeah.  Packaging what the Bills gave up gets them to 20th overall at best.  Again probably looking at the 4rth or 5th best WR.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Reks Ryan said:

You realize that both trades happened today?  How do you not compare them?   The better receiver went for way less compensation, especially when you factor that moving Johnson offsets part of Hopkins pay. 

Yes it does make the Texans look worse than then Bills.  And I’m to have Diggs on the team.   

Because for the last time Bill O Brian is an idiot who didn’t shop Hopkins.

he has destroyed that entire franchise. The Texans are in cap hell with only 1 first or 2nd rd pick in the next two years. 

If BOB actually does his job. Hopkins gets two firsts

• Like (+1) 2

The sticking point for me is are the Bills going to rework his deal?

Usually traded guys want their deal sweetened like when we traded for Shady and whats being reported that DeAndre Hopkins wants a raise.

I like Diggs as a player, but he seemed to whine a lot in Minnesota when things didn't go his way, and that attitude won't fly in Buffalo.   Also the price we paid was way too steep IMO.  We needed a 3rd rounder back this year to even the scales IMO.

I honestly think the coronavirus played a part in this trade.  There is a lot of talk that much of this years offseason could be cancelled and it's already tough to bring rookie Wr's up to speed with a full offseason.  I wonder if the team wanted a vet, knowing they aren't going to have time to get a rook where he needs to be by September.

30 minutes ago, kbarrettb said:

What an awful overpay. Diggs isn’t a number 1 he’s basically Cooks he’s a good number 2. What an absolute joke of an overpay. No way would I trade a number 1 for him. Geez!!!

He's not Cooks because he has Contested Catch ability.

• Like (+1) 1

Great move, better than even an optimist like myself expected. A proven elite play-maker, in his prime and under a friendly team deal, who immediately makes Brown, Beasley, and Knox better. He's the right "type" of receiver for Josh's skill set as well. This is win-win-win. A win for the front office, a win for the offense, and a win for the fans. 

Now... find a way to get Quinn/Clowney and let's get that division title. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Deranged Rhino said:

Great move, better than even an optimist like myself expected. A proven elite play-maker, in his prime and under a friendly team deal, who immediately makes Brown, Beasley, and Knox better. He's the right "type" of receiver for Josh's skill set as well. This is win-win-win. A win for the front office, a win for the offense, and a win for the fans. 

Now... find a way to get Quinn/Clowney and let's get that division title. 

Quinn, Howard, and Harris and it's on!

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, SoCal Deek said:

So these signings raise the question of who we’ll take in Round 2. Does this mean we go Running Back?

Still need a younger edge guy, corner is a need too. If one of the top RBs drops to round 2 take him though.