Bills trade for Diggs - jw no discussions on a restructure

Just now, JR in Pittsburgh said:

Haha— love the edit to the thread title. Framing it as Bodine and Teller and a 1st for Diggs really puts things in perspective! 

That does sum it up nicely. 
And we still will have a few posters crying ??

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Truth.  He’s got the goods, but I’d like to be more comfortable with his attitude.  The ONLY thing that scares me about him is that I don’t want off the field problems that seemed to be brewing in Minny. 

Edited by BarleyNY

21 minutes ago, 17islongenough said:

Love this trade.   They were going to WR at 1.  So they get a proven commodity in Diggs.  Plus the 4th and 5th rounder would have a tough time making the team

EDIT: The 4th and 5th rounder would have been packaged, with 22, to trade up for Lamb or Jeudy. And, while both appear to be potential elite talents, Diggs is proven elite, and has 4 years at an avg around 11 million... For a #1? That's pocket change, now, and the price will only go up!

Good deal, in that light.

• Like (+1) 1

Buffalo said they needed to score points.  Well, they're going for it now.

Steep price to pay, but under team control for a reasonable price these next few seasons and not demanding a new deal like Hopkins reportedly is.

This is a force-multiplier of a move.  

I thought they needed to go big this off-season or go home.  They're going big with this acquisition. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

Haha— love the edit to the thread title. Framing it as Bodine and Teller and a 1st for Diggs really puts things in perspective! 

It's true. I just didn't want to figure it all out and MLJ nicely did it

• Like (+1) 1

I'll re-do his deal, but being he's got four years left, he's gonna take less than what he would get based on his production.

Add another year, some more guaranteed money, and incentive based numbers to pump it up to look like he's got a top deal.

11 minutes ago, turftoe said:

Diggs is a crazy head case. Good luck trying to control him McDermott. Least respected guy on the entire Vikings team per the other players. 

Yes, such a head case that he essentially raised his brothers starting at age 14, chose his college based on his proximity to them, is a father now himself, has never been arrested, and a quick Google search shows that he's respected as an incredibly hard worker. 

If anybody throws around any head case or "diva" nonsense about Diggs they're completely wrong.

• Like (+1) 9
  • Awesome! (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 6

Just now, ROCBillsBeliever said:

EDIT: The 4th and 5th rounder would have been packaged, with 22, to trade up for Lamb or Jeudy. And, while both appear to be potential elite talents, Diggs is proven elite, and has 4 years at an avg around 11 million... For a #1? That's pocket change, now, and the price will only go up!

Good deal, in that light.

‘The 4 and 5 don’t get you close enough to where Lamb or Jeudy go. It would be more like 22+2nd round pick.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, BeastMaster said:

I'll re-do his deal, but being he's got four years left, he's gonna take less than what he would get based on his production.

Add another year, some more guaranteed money, and incentive based numbers to pump it up to look like he's got a top deal.

I don't think they have to. We'll see but I think Diggs will be fine playing on his deal.