Bills trade for Diggs - jw no discussions on a restructure

6 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

I get it, just feels like a lot now but if tell myself is Diggs and a 7th for #22, Wyatt Teller and next year's 4th I guess it sounds better.

Probably other teams involved too.  We’ll never know the details of it but I’m sure there was some good competition for him.  

Love the trade. No guarantees in life but I'm very optimistic about the results.

There's always an inherent risk with these things but we're getting a proven talent who can make Josh better NOW. It would have been nice to draft "our" guy and groom him from the start but just like nothing says this will work out (or won't spontaneously combust in the Bills' faces), there's no certainty the player drafted in the first round would be as good as Diggs.

The 5th and the 6th rounders were fodder given the roster depth this year. I'm all for another crack at the draft lottery but there's no guarantees and certainly no knowing that they could have packaged for a trade up. If the draft is as deep as "they" say, then we can get our WR to groom on day 2.

We've got the cap room and assuming the guy isn't a nutbar then we've just added a core piece, the thing we were all clamouring for: that proven #1 receiver. And we didn't wildly overpay like we would have had to for Cooper (assuming he would have even answered the phone).

The future is now, shots fired. Beane said (paraphrasing) "we want Josh to succeed and we want him to get paid that next big contract".  Well, Josh. Get er done, I'm certain you can get it done.

And here I thought patting the Bills FO on the back for a smart/value/roleplayer signing in AJ Klein would be the highlight of FA Day One.

Edited by technobot
  • Like (+1) 4

Just now, Reks Ryan said:

I like Diggs and contract is reasonable.   But..,

When you compare that to the Hopkins deal it makes me the Bills & Texans look really bad, and Cards & Vikes look really good.

Bills & Texans would’ve both been better off trading w each other.

STOP COMPARING THIS TO THE TEXANS. 

The Bills do not look bad. It makes the Texans look worse. 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

Obviously the contract is a plus but what's not to make us believe he won't want to renegotiate after a year or 2? Especially if he posts big numbers.

Then that’s a good thing.  Would you rather him suck so we can keep him cheaper?

Edited by CaptnCoke11
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, SDS said:

I guess it is up to Josh to throw it somewhere in his catch radius. Not a slam dunk.

we have no one like this on the roster, which is what I want on a WR. It is entirely up to Josh and I'm scared schitless

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1