Bills trade for Diggs - jw no discussions on a restructure

25 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

1st round pick? Couldn't get Hopkins?

I don’t know, but guess that was all related to the contracts. Too many dollars equals much less pick compensation. 

I like Diggs and contract is reasonable.   But..,

When you compare that to the Hopkins deal it makes me the Bills & Texans look really bad, and Cards & Vikes look really good.

Bills & Texans would’ve both been better off trading w each other.

3 minutes ago, buffalobillswin said:

Those picks become very valuable when you want to move up in earlier rounds to get your guy. Also Beane has shown he can find value in late round picks.

I don't mind the trade but let's not act like 4th and 5th rounds picks are worthless.

Draft picks are over valued. 

especially day 3 draft picks. 
The Bills still have 5th and 6th rd picks this year, fun fact. 

Diggs is the Bills first round picks this year. Think of it that way.  

5 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Yeah you don't know football very well. Hopkins is better but Diggs is complete. Great route runner.

Great. He is going to want a new deal. Anyone who thinks he is playing on that 4 year 45 mil deal is crazy. They are going to have to renegotiate that. Such an overpay for a number 2. Still no number 1 for Allen to throw to. 6 foot tall receiver, he is Brandin Cooks. Oh well trade the entire draft for Diggs, this will work out well. ?

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

Way overpay. 

Mohammed Sanu went for a 2 last year. I obviously preferred Hopkins like everyone else, but there was no way HOU was making a deal with Buffalo. There was bad blood between Bill O'Brien and Brian Gaines. Not to mention, we gave them all they could handle in the playoffs. It takes two to tango.  WR is one of the hardest positions to project in the NFL, and it typically takes receivers about 3yrs, to take form. 

• Like (+1) 5

10 minutes ago, inthebuff said:

I'm glad we got him....with the Bills giving so much for Diggs, I wonder if the Houston fandom is going ballistic at what they got for Hopkins. 

I was thinking that the Texans got royally fleeced on the Hopkins trade, and this trade seems to confirm it.  I don't know what the thinking was behind the Houston-Arizona deal but it smells of desperation.   The analysts on NFLN all seemed to be perplexed by the reasoning behind it as well.  It's like the Texans made a complete 180 degree turn: last year they gave a fortune in picks in order to acquire talent and seemed in "win now" mode, and then at some point last season, they decided that they were going to do a rebuild instead, so they started trading away some of their best players.  The Hopkins trade seems a continuation of that.

• Like (+1) 2