Bills trade for Diggs - jw no discussions on a restructure

Dunno where everyone is at here. I think it is a good deal. 3 years at about $15m per and then we can cut him year 4 when we have to extend Josh. This is good. Take the known commodity instead of taking a stab with pick 22.

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, turftoe said:

I hate this trade. Beane just doesn't know how to trade for a WR. Corey Coleman, Kelvin Benjamin, now Diggs. Vikings GM must have a big smile on his face.

OHHH SHIZ... we just gave up all that for a money bonafide #1 who we only pay $11 mil a year for 4 years!!!!! OHHH THE HUMANITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GTFOH

• Like (+1) 10
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Hardhatharry said:

Hahahahah it's the 4th 5th and 6th that make you extra pissed... Now I heard everything.

Those picks become very valuable when you want to move up in earlier rounds to get your guy. Also Beane has shown he can find value in late round picks.

I don't mind the trade but let's not act like 4th and 5th rounds picks are worthless.

• Like (+1) 2

At pick 22 they were looking at probably the 4th best WR, maybe 5th.  And the learning curve for rookies is often steep.  I have no problem with the picks given up and his salary is a bargain.  Not sure why anyone is bitching about, and again, the Texans weren't trading Hopkins to the Bills.

• Like (+1) 7

4 minutes ago, buffalobillswin said:

Is he going to love him when Allen is overthrowing him?

I mean Kirk is one of the league's best deep ball passers.

And Josh was one of the best deep ball throwers in 2018--nothing says he won't regain the touch.  Jordan Palmer already said its a point of emphasis in the off season.

1 minute ago, buffalobillswin said:

Those picks become very valuable when you want to move up in earlier rounds to get your guy. Also Beane has shown he can find value in late round picks.

I don't mind the trade but let's not act like 4th and 5th rounds picks are worthless.

They had a giant need and they filled it beautifully

• Like (+1) 7

Four years at a little over $11m per year for a player like Diggs is great cap value.  We already know what he can do in the league and we don't have to wait for a rookie to develop. He fits the need at WR perfectly.  Some will complain about the cost of the trade but I believe that Diggs is better than any receiver we could draft at 22.  Beane never ceases to amaze me with his ability to make the right moves to keep improving the team without busting the cap.

I'm hoping that he has an equally impressive result in his efforts to add some pass rush talent.  

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, buffalobillswin said:

They did get their guy...

• Like (+1) 2

Diggs is such a baller.  Game changing difference maker for sure.  My favorite non Bill to watch.  Similar numbers to Smoke last year but did a ton to carry that offense with Theilen hurt basically all year.

Beane is doing what he says, fill your roster with good starters and draft bpa baby.  The guy has balls.

5th and 6th rd picks are just Wyatt teller freebies.  Wonder if they talked to Houston about the Nuk too? 

• Like (+1) 3