Bills sign LB AJ Klein 3yrs $18M

2 minutes ago, njbuff said:

Am I the only who believes that Edmunds could be a monster if he was used as an edge rusher more?

I'm thinking it's a good chance now that Edmunds has some age and experience he will start to be moved around a lot more this year.

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

I'm thinking it's a good chance now that Edmunds has some age and experience he will start to be moved around a lot more this year.

Maybe.   But probably not, IMO.

Edmunds plays the Luke Kuechly role in McD's scheme and I don't ever remember him moving Kuechly around like that for the Panthers.   I think Sean prioritizes simplicity and repeatability more than confusing the other team (as well as his own)...    

2 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

I'd like to see him get after the QB more in blitz situations. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Lurker said:

Maybe.   But probably not, IMO.

Edmunds plays the Luke Kuechly role in McD's scheme and I don't ever remember him moving Kuechly around like that for the Panthers.   I think Sean prioritizes simplicity and repeatability more than confusing the other team (as well as his own)...    

2 minutes ago, Turk71 said:

I'd like to see him get after the QB more in blitz situations. 

@Lurker is right about McDermott having steady play from his LBs but your point Turk is what I was thinking more about.

The 1st year Edmunds was learning, last year (especially the 2nd half of the season) he was getting some rope.

I don't think the scheme will change much but I expect more "options" with Edmunds this year.

• Like (+1) 2

28 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

@Lurker is right about McDermott having steady play from his LBs but your point Turk is what I was thinking more about.

The 1st year Edmunds was learning, last year (especially the 2nd half of the season) he was getting some rope.

I don't think the scheme will change much but I expect more "options" with Edmunds this year.

I agree. He is so athletic for his size it would be a shame not to use it. 

No disrespect to Lorenzo Alexander but I believe AJ Klein is an upgrade at this point. Should help us against the New England Patriots and Tennessee Titans of the league. He should be a good starter for us. Could probably play inside if Edmunds got injured. Good run stuffer, decent athleticism to the point where I don’t think he’d be a huge liability in coverage. Solid signing.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

yep !