Bills sign LB AJ Klein 3yrs $18M

WTG. was thinking about this possibility just this morning.

some info about him: 5th round draft pick in 2013. 28 years old.

was a backup in 2013, the starter in 2014 and backup again in 2015 when Shaq Thompson beat him out. But has started a bunch of games for the saints when he was not injured. A solid signing of a player McD is familiar with.

Edited by IgotBILLStopay

Klein is your starting Sam. He also has a lot of experience in the nickel and can play mike or will as well. Honestly I think he is on the field a lot and maybe the Bills use Edmunds as a pass rusher a bit more in nickel and dime situations. So basically Klein and Tremaine replace Lorax. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, auburnbillsbacker said:

I hope so.  I do tend to give the Bills the benefit of the doubt when it comes to defensive players.

71% SAM

Big ST play logger

and Very good against run 

Cheap, knows the system. What is not to like 

10 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

I called this way back when. 

Do you like this acquisition or is it just another Carolina pipeline signing?  I'm guessing AJ is LorAx's replacement.

4 minutes ago, auburnbillsbacker said:

I didnt think this was the offseason to sign a bunch of average players.  I was hoping for studs.

Can't have studs at every position. He started all but 1 gm for N.O the last 3 years and 71% of snaps last year. He'll be around 40% on Buffalo.  So he fills a need at a reasonable rate.