Bills sign LB AJ Klein 3yrs $18M

24 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Needed a SAM. You got a Younger LORAX Clone. 

No, we need STUDS! Everybody should be a Bruce or an LT! Cause they just grow on trees, don’t you know? 

The body of the team needs to be solid guys. Hopefully you develop your studs and get them cheap for 4-5 years. Not wise to overpay early in FA unless it’s a special situation. 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1

Sounds like a role player.  He lacks twitchiness and change of direction skills but checks all the other boxes.  He's smart, diagnoses plays well, can play zone, and is a great locker room guy.  Sounds familiar, doesn't it.  He'll never be a star, but he fits what Sean McDermott wants to do on defense.  I imagine he'll get some reps as a SAM linebacker in Lorenzo Alexander's old spot.

Saints perspective....

"Klein’s veteran presence will be missed on the Saints defense, as he was solid, if unspectacular, in defending both the pass and run."

https://www.canalstreetchronicles.com/2020/3/16/21182870/new-orleans-saints-free-agent-lb-aj-klein-to-sign-with-buffalo-bills-contract

"Linebacker A.J. Klein has been a steady player for the Saints since he arrived here in 2017. He’s stout in run support, improved in coverage and can get after the passer as a blitzer.

This season he finished with 69 tackles and had a career high 2.5 sacks. He also got his first career pick-six in the season finale against his former team, Carolina.

Klein enters free agency as a quality, consistent starting linebacker that can still be very effective. "

Edited by hondo in seattle
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, thebandit27 said:

Edmunds to Sam in 3-LB sets.

Funny, when I suggested that back in September a prominent member of this board told me that I was clueless and arrogant.

It wasnt me, I agree with you.   Love the flexibility now, although since then Tremaine seems to have gained some skill in shedding blocks on inside runs.  

If McD wants him, I want him.