Joe Banner - Big trade incoming D. Bucker to Indy for #13

15 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

Yeah, I mean, it's undeniable that Baltimore will be a tough out. They and the Chiefs should probably be the favorites to win the Super Bowl. I like the makeup of Indy's team a lot assuming they address the WR position at some point in free agency and or the draft. I suspect they'll be better than us too. We'll see as we go. New England might take a step back. Houston seems very likely to take a step back. There's no reason we shouldn't be in the playoff race again next season, and I say that as what I would describe as a very cautious optimistic.

Oh yeah, I am still very high on our own team.  We didnt get worse today by any means, just meant would have preferred those guys land on NFC teams or less competitive AFC teams.  I still not only expect us to make the playoffs, but be a strong challenger for at least the AFCC game.

42 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Love watching all the other AFC playoff contending teams get better today with Pro Bowl players

*hard sarcasm*

It feels like they are going to be relying on the draft to fill most of their needs. I know there are still a lot of good players out there but the difference makers that require double teams are flying off the board fast

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Oh yeah, I am still very high on our own team.  We didnt get worse today by any means, just meant would have preferred those guys land on NFC teams or less competitive AFC teams.  I still not only expect us to make the playoffs, but be a strong challenger for at least the AFCC game.

Most of it hangs on Josh. If he takes another step forward like he did this past season, and we can stay relatively healthy again, then we should be there

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, CountDorkula said:

Just because Bill O'Brien is a complete moron doesn't mean other GMs are too.

Diggs will 100%get a first.

just from who.

Never did I say he wouldn't potentially fetch that, I did say, we shouldn't be trading first for a WR.

12 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

It feels like they are going to be relying on the draft to fill most of their needs. I know there are still a lot of good players out there but the difference makers that require double teams are flying off the board fast

And thats what I assume would happen, but the trades or quality or Pro Bowl players to teams we are trying to catch or stay ahead of I could have done without HA.  I actually hate the Hurst trade giving Baltimore a 2nd round pick back too for them to potentially use to land another offensive weapon at WR.  

2 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

And thats what I assume would happen, but the trades or quality or Pro Bowl players to teams we are trying to catch or stay ahead of I could have done without HA.  I actually hate the Hurst trade giving Baltimore a 2nd round pick back too for them to potentially use to land another offensive weapon at WR.  

I actually look for Baltimore to address the OL with the loss of Yanda, possibly even two picks in the first two days of the draft. 

It's a shame there's going to be so much popcorn going to waste today on this sight and so many F5 pushes. Beane is going to sign two big players here Jack and Shyte. And Jack is retiring so....

This has been a PSA from Bubbleburster.com

22 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

With the amount of money that the Bills have I thought we would see 1 or 2 big signings. Even with re-signing White, Dawkins and Milano we should still have decent cap room. 

3 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

With the amount of money that the Bills have I thought we would see 1 or 2 big signings. Even with re-signing White, Dawkins and Milano we should still have decent cap room. 

Still early though, and honestly Beane kept saying we wont be spending in the "deep end of the pool" this year.  So I think he's going to maybe pursue one big guy possibly at DE at best.  If not, probably look for valuable mid tier guys mostly and look ahead to the draft.  He said he wants to keep cap in a good spot to keep home grown talent over next few years.  

31 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Still early though, and honestly Beane kept saying we wont be spending in the "deep end of the pool" this year.  So I think he's going to maybe pursue one big guy possibly at DE at best.  If not, probably look for valuable mid tier guys mostly and look ahead to the draft.  He said he wants to keep cap in a good spot to keep home grown talent over next few years.  

I agree, Beanie and McD have earned my trust. I would really like DJ Reader and some good O-Line depth to sign in the next few hours though.

• Like (+1) 1

Good trade for the Niners. They weren't going to pay Bucker without having to let other players on that defense go. Now they get pick 13 to try and restock the defense with a young cheap player or they can trade down and get some picks back to restock their draft. Indy gets a good player but they eat into their cap space and lose their best draft asset.