Hopkins to ARZ

11 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I listened to some radio show on the way home from work and they were saying it’s rumored that O’Brian didn’t even reach out to

other teams to get value.  

I want to be mad the Bills didn’t get an offer in, but I believe this is more a matter of O’Brian being an idiot 

giphy.gif

50 minutes ago, Tesla03 said:

Brandon Beane once again late to the party

this was THE trade that would have pushed us over the top. Instead we constantly settle for bang average players 

I feel this way a little too, but let’s hold our horses for a minute. We can and absolutely will (safe to believe) significantly upgrade our WR corps.

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

It's pretty durn puzzling.

From what's been said so far, the Cardinals got far and away the best end of the deal.

Absolute highway robbery.

What's your take on we wouldn't be involved in something like this?  Can Johnson really be the reason the Texans did this?

Reports are saying this has been worked on for about a week.  

2 hours ago, Turk71 said:

Amazing how the Texans are allowing Bill OBrien to completely dismantle their team. 

Shocking how little sense this trade appears to make.?

And still have no first round picks and 1 2nd rd pick in the next two years.

Thye are going to be a disaster.

JJ Watt and Mercilus both 30+

4 hours ago, NickelCity said:

God I wish the Bills had him.

Same here bro...tough pill to swallow...

1 hour ago, Tesla03 said:

Brandon Beane once again late to the party

this was THE trade that would have pushed us over the top. Instead we constantly settle for bang average players 

Still waiting on the day that I feel confident in this regime assembling an NFL offense...

• Like (+1) 1

The Eagles also talked to the Texans but decided against trading for Hopkins, based both on what the Texans were asking for and what Hopkins wanted in a new contract, Adam Schefter said on 97.5 The Fanatic....

What the Texans got for Hopkins seems shockingly minuscule: Houston got running back David Johnson (who was a candidate to get cut by the Cardinals), plus a second-round draft pick and an exchange of fourth-round picks. It’s surprising that the Cardinals only had to give that up for Hopkins — and surprising that the Eagles and other teams didn’t offer the Texans more to secure Hopkins’ services.

Unless, of course, Hopkins is making contractual demands that teams simply can’t justify paying. We know that Hopkins and the Cardinals will renegotiate his contract, but we don’t know exactly what Hopkins is demanding, or whether he has privately told teams that he won’t show up without a new deal.