Hopkins to ARZ

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

imagine BOB having a bad relationship with someone oh wait 

I’m sure it’s never him that’s the problem 

It's okay to move someone if their is conflict or turmoil, but you have to get max value for a superstar player like this. Aside from the poor return, the fact that this trade didn't leak and nobody saw it coming is a great indicator that all teams weren't in on this.

I mean, Johnson has been a backup caliber RB the past 2 seasons with injury concerns before that, and he turns 29 this year. Hopkins puts up Probowl numbers with scrubs like Mallett and Osweiler. Houston fans should be livid.

I don't get this trade...Houston already had a decent 1-2 punch with Carlos Hyde and Duke Johnson...so they trade one of the best WR's who is only 26 for another RB who has never been the same after coming off a serious injury and is at a position that you can get good production out of from just about anywhere?  

This is mind boggling...

56 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

100%... This was a no brainer trade for the Bills.... I get it, we don’t have all the details, but I find it hard to believe he didn’t want to trade him to the Bills.

We'll never know but I find it hard to believe Beane and every other GM with a WR need and cap could be that dumb.

1 hour ago, Buffalo716 said:

Or Hou wanted a player and we don't have a guy they want

Frank Gore is worth about a 2025 7th rounder

Gore isn't ours to trade.

I would have given them Devon and remove the 4th in less than a second to get Hopkins.

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

Didn’t say he was dumb..... just conservative and maybe scared to pull the trigger on a deal giving up some high draft picks and cap.

You didn't,  I used that word.  That kind of conservatism would most definitely be dumb, IMO.

There has to be something else here for this to make sense and I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around it being Johnson as the factor.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, BuffAlone said:

what are the terms? I mean, as of now Houston don't have a top 50 pick in the draft for the next 2 years. This is a deep class but dang! How will they replace that production??

They’ve struggled to have another WR to play consistently enough to avoid Hopkins being doubled and triple-teamed.  Fuller is always injured and is pretty much just a one dimensional deep threat.

So, did Beane just assume it would cost too much to get Hopkins.  Maybe he could’ve got him for a 1st and Yeldon.

20 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

It's pretty durn puzzling.

From what's been said so far, the Cardinals got far and away the best end of the deal.

Absolute highway robbery.

If you tried to make this trade in fantasy, the commissioner would have blocked it.

How can this be the best offer that Houston could get for Hopkins? Even if they were determined to trade him, you'd have to think that most teams in the league would have happily offered more.

• Haha (+1) 1

I listened to some radio show on the way home from work and they were saying it’s rumored that O’Brian didn’t even reach out to

other teams to get value.  

I want to be mad the Bills didn’t get an offer in, but I believe this is more a matter of O’Brian being an idiot 

• Haha (+1) 1