Hopkins to ARZ

Beane seemed to kick the tires hard on AB last year, if he could land Hopkins for a high draft pick this year we would be In the drivers seat in the AFCE.  

Please, for the love of God Beane, do your black magic, pick up your phone, call Bill O’Brien and swindle him out of Nuk!!!

Edited by Inigo Montoya
  • Like (+1) 9
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

His contract is not too bad, however, the cost it would take to get Hopkins...might be way too steep.

Obviously I'm not about to say you can get Hopkins in this draft, but with how good this draft look at WR and how good next years look at WR... might be a little hesitant to dish out the capital from A-Z to acquire him.

• Like (+1) 2

File This Under You Never Know

It might be just pre-draft chatter, but two teams over the weekend told me to watch Houston and DeAndre Hopkins, who has three years and a reasonable $40 million left on his contract, and who’d cause only a $3-million cap hit to the Texans if they traded him. Houston is currently in draft hell, without a top-50 pick in 2020 and 2021, and coach Bill O’Brien has huge needs to fill on his offensive line, in the secondary and overall youth on the front seven; J.J. Watt and Whitney Mercilus will play this year at 31 and 30.

What could hurt O’Brien if he’s serious about moving Hopkins is he’ll play this year at 28, and he wasn’t as explosive last year as he’d been . . . and the fact that this is one of the best years in history for wideouts in the draft. How tempting Hopkins would be, though, to teams with cap money. The Patriots, at 23, would be a fascinating match (they might need a mid- or late-round pick back with Hopkins), or the Niners at 31, Giants at 36 or Dolphins at 39.

Houston’s need across the roster is big, and it’d take a big pick to pry Hopkins. Over the last three years, Hopkins has 15 more catches, 14 more touchdowns and 12 fewer dropped passes than the great Julio Jones. Pretty tempting to consider.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/03/16/nfl-coronavirus-free-agency-draft-cba-fmia-peter-king/

King seems to think a single high pick would do it.

Edited by 2020 Our Year For Sure
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I really like Hopkins.

He has a very large catch radius and can make his QB look good.

If he really is available I hope Beane can get a deal done.

17 minutes ago, 2020 Our Year For Sure said:

I'm over here drooling

Over the toilet paper? ;)

• Like (+1) 2

36 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Why in creation would Bill O Brien trade him. Imo he’s the best player on their team. 

because Bill O'Brien thinks he's Bill Belichick 2.0 and when he wakes up from that dream he'll see that he's Al Davis 2.0

• Haha (+1) 2

@ALLEN1QB

I said send our #22 pick for Hopkins.  You gave skeptical response.  Are you saying you’re skeptical that wouldn’t be enough or skeptical he’s worth that?  

Cant imagine anyone not willing to send our first for him and his reasonable contract for his talent level.  

• Like (+1) 2