Phins signing Shaq 3yrs $30M - update had offer to return

4 hours ago, B-Man said:

Who is this guy and what do we think he knows about football?

4 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

semantics you pain in the as$

It's not a done deal until the pen hits the paper, right?

In theory, the Bills could offer to match or offer him more and he could still resign here, is my point

3 hours ago, White Linen said:

Shaq played well because McDermott is one of the leagues best defensive coaches.  Shaq, IMO,  will not be heard of much with the Phins. 

I thought the Phins played pretty good football at times.  Didn't have the hosses but seemed like a well-coached team.

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

It's not a done deal until the pen hits the paper, right?

In theory, the Bills could offer to match or offer him more and he could still resign here, is my point

Future dated most likely - curious -  has anyone pulled out of one of these deals?

6 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Good question....it depends I guess on how firm it is at this point.  It seems like I remember a couple, but I can't bring names to mind.

Didn't Anthony Barr do that to the Jets after having one of his recurring nightmares last year?

Image result for josh allen hurdle gif

Edited by Warcodered
  • Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Reed83HOF said:

Good for them and wish him well : )

3 hours ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Miami runs 3-4, a defensive scheme Lawson didn’t play well while under Rex 

no one played well under Rex.
so no points awarded here.

Edited by 3rdand12
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, dave mcbride said:

He was injured and young under Rex, who ran a by-then ridiculous (because ridiculously complicated) scheme. I wouldn’t overinterpret those seasons.

A system that exploits their advantages. Belichick has always been great at scheming to effectively set the edge and creating confusion from his mix of rushers, especially guys who are multiple (big but with decent pass rush ability) like Shaq.

That is one of the reasons Rex drafted him he could move him inside or out depending. Bills did that as well , from a different scheming perspective.

I think some of the reason Beane let him go was Lawson wanted to get paid and be  a bit more glorified than he would as Bill and rotational player. Similar to J Phillips

16 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

I disagree, Darby played well under rex

: D

true enough

10 minutes ago, Nick the Greek said:

I hate the fact he stayed in the division. He is a passionate guy, and you know he will get up for the games against us.

At least our o-line has experience playing against him. 

be fun to watch him matchup with Ford in the run game !

10 minutes ago, Rico said:

And so the last of the Whaley gems is gone.

this is fact isn't it ?

you know Rex actually drafted him. and the broken LB. Both of em were injured getting off the Bus from College if i recall  lol

Edited by 3rdand12
  • Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

He’s more of a run tackler but I wish him well except for 2x a year

Then why is Trent Murphy on this team?  cap number just under 10 mill,  he had 3 sacks up until last game of the season.  

5 hours ago, Hebert19 said:

10m too much. 

Not for long 

They save over 8 mill cutting him,  the Bills need better production.  Gets rolled over against the run and had only 3 sacks if you take away meaningless last game against Jets.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

He was injured and young under Rex, who ran a by-then ridiculous (because ridiculously complicated) scheme. I wouldn’t overinterpret those seasons.

A system that exploits their advantages. Belichick has always been great at scheming to effectively set the edge and creating confusion from his mix of rushers, especially guys who are multiple (big but with decent pass rush ability) like Shaq.

I guess they didn't love him enough to give him 10 mil/per even though "he's perfect for them".   Pretty crazy for such an inexpensive contract from their perspective.  

Or maybe they agree with me.  

6 hours ago, Putin said:

With every signings so far I get more and more depressed, Bean better do something BIG and SOON  ,

Either you want to be part of the process ...

or you don’t. 
I, for one, don’t give a crap about something BIG & SOON. 

I’m interested in GREAT & IF IT MAKES SENSE. 

1 hour ago, Rico said:

And so the last of the Whaley gems is gone.

And it is too bad, we should have re-signed Shaq; $10M AAV is worth it for him.  But hey, we still have Murphy (a McDermott gem) at $9.7M AAV :rolleyes: