Browns land Hooper (making highest paid TE)

1 hour ago, Watkins90 said:

That'd be stupid of the Browns with the number of other holes the team has. 

Nope. TE was a huge hole on the Browns. Stefanski ran the most multiple TE sets in the league last season with the Vikings.  The only viable TE on the Browns was Njoku.  I expect them to also draft one. 

Edited by BarleyNY

7 hours ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

I too wanted Hooper and wouldnt have minded paying top dollar for him. But, with the Kroft restructure, at least we will be competitive at that position with Knox, Kroft, Sweeney and Croom.

The Bills likely saw what it would take to get Hooper and that is why they quietly restructured Kroft.

This off-season should just be about Knox catching 500 laser thrown balls everyday - we have to understand that Knox came to the team very underutilized in college.

I think Knox can be a beast.  But pairing him with Hooper would have been amazing.  And Hooper was the best receiver FA IMO.  

• Like (+1) 1

One thing I hope people realize when they say that, we could have afforded that 

1) Would said player would have wanted to come here?

- Are they coming strictly to cash in, or are they going to be the same player they were before they got the pay day?

2) Would the player really have been a fit?

3) Would the organization want to allocate that much of its cap to that position?

You can argue that if you cant find a way to use Hooper, than it's on the team, not the player. Yet we have seen many of FA targets flop for some of the reasons mentioned above.

5 hours ago, QCity said:

The Browns certainly are aggressive in getting weapons for Mayfield. Not big on blocking, however.

you will note that they hired Ryan Grigson in a personnel job. Baker Mayfield will be lucky to last as long as Andrew Luck. Over/Under 3 more years till he gets demolished as a sack dummy 

Edited by stuvian