Vegas Draft Event Cancelled and the Draft will not be a public event, Only televised.

MAJBobby

2 minutes ago, Hardhatharry said:

Good I hate it being open to public, all the booing was annoying.

The people you work with every day you know where they are, I have no idea where a bunch of drunk idiots came from.

Sure, But for example two teammates of the Utah Jazz contracted the Virus spread it to another team.

These scouts and FOs have been everywhere over the last two months.

Just because you know them, doesn't mean they are safe from it.

I'm all for the NFL continuing for my sports fix, but I also 100% understand why they would delay everything.

31 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

Yeah same here! I had read rumors that it may be postponed until May or June.

It’ll be interesting to see how everything is set up, from draft parties to the war room (as mentioned above) etc. I wonder if it will all be modified? 

I feel like It still could get postponed though.

Zoom or Go2Meeting.  A Virtual War Room.  Not hard to implement.  we just did it today with over 100 people in the meeting and 3 different Countries.

• Like (+1) 1

I'm good with this. Besides I attend the draft every year from the comfort of my couch :P 

A delay would stretch out my draft anxiety unnecessarily lol.

Also, I'm probably the only one that does not care for the rabid Goodell booing every year. It was funny for a year or two, now it's old and just bad optics imho.

• Like (+1) 1

No bid deal on way or the other.

The bigger issue will be dealing with summer training camps and what not.

This thing will only be a lot bigger by then.

I'd be surprised if it doesn't impact training camps, the pre-season, and even the regular season.

But that's still too far away right now.

1. Bills 2020 NFL Draft pick positions are officially set   (before Diggs trade)

Buffalo's picks for the 2020 NFL Draft are official. The Bills have nine total picks, three of which were acquired from other teams.

Round 1: 22nd overall

Round 2: 54th overall

Round 3: 86th overall

Round 4: 128th overall

Round 5: 155th overall (from CLE)

Round 5: 167th overall

Round 6: 188th overall (from CLE)

Round 6: 201st overall

20 hours ago, CountDorkula said:

How are teams going to run their War room.

Seems most have 50+ people in that room during the draft.

I really don’t think there’s anything during the draft that can’t be accomplished via phone/video conference, including consulting with all your staff in the war room. Maybe they could give everyone an extra five minutes on the clock or something to allow for the lack of in-person communication. 

20 hours ago, CountDorkula said:

Now that doesn't make a damn bit of sense.

Whats the difference between spending 10 hours in the same building with 50+ people working and spending 2 hours at a bar with 50+ people. 

Knowing that the 50 people are not drunk and work for you and instructed to stay home if any symptoms.

20 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Zoom or Go2Meeting.  A Virtual War Room.  Not hard to implement.  we just did it today with over 100 people in the meeting and 3 different Countries.

We did one of those for work one time.  Ends up server had a virus and those without adequate protection got infected. We got apology from vendor but company got no compensation (and did not use vendor again).

20 hours ago, babulator said:

I'm good with this. Besides I attend the draft every year from the comfort of my couch :P 

A delay would stretch out my draft anxiety unnecessarily lol.

Also, I'm probably the only one that does not care for the rabid Goodell booing every year. It was funny for a year or two, now it's old and just bad optics imho.

Yes and NFLPA had budget issues and wants to spend the money elsewhere rather than paying booers. :devil:

• Like (+1) 1