RBs Jordan Howard, Lamar Miller reportedly FA targets for Bills (update - Howard to Miami)

1 minute ago, Chicken Boo said:

Howard was #2 on my wants list behind Conklin because he fits.  Singletary is going to be the bell cow.  Howard will be our thumper/short yardage/cleanup guy and a veteran presence.

I wouldn't feel comfortable going into the season with Josh having to rely on a 2nd year guy who's not great in pass protection and a rookie RB just learning the ropes.

Mark my words, Buffalo will love him!

Like I said before, what started this, he “fits a dick Jauron offense”.  

I hear ya and I believe that McB is interested. I just think he’s best served as our 3rd back and takes yeldons spot on the inactive list each week.  I’d be really happy with him in that role

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

It blows my mind why this regime values older, expensive veteran rbs. It’s a passing league where rbs are a dime a dozen but let’s just keeping paying $3 million plus to a guy.   Makes no sense.

Older? Howard is only 25

5 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

Howard was #2 on my wants list behind Conklin because he fits.  Singletary is going to be the bell cow.  Howard will be our thumper/short yardage/cleanup guy and a veteran presence.

I wouldn't feel comfortable going into the season with Josh having to rely on a 2nd year guy who's not great in pass protection and a rookie RB just learning the ropes.

Mark my words, Buffalo will love him!

Why is a running back so high?  Just draft a guy or sign one after training camp cuts for super cheap.

1 minute ago, Gambit said:

Older? Howard is only 25

With wear and tear.  Like he’s not horrible but there’s a reason he’s about to be on his 3rd team in 3 years.  

running back should not a be a priority position. 

4 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Why is a running back so high?  Just draft a guy or sign one after training camp cuts for super cheap.

With wear and tear.  Like he’s not horrible but there’s a reason he’s about to be on his 3rd team in 3 years.  

Yeah, I understand your point. I'm very okay with drafting one this year. So many solid options.

I'd be alright with Howard as the #2 back. Started off his career pretty hot but then kinda fell off the rails there. Everyone clamoring for them to say, "Eh, fudge Howard, we'll just draft a guy" they could do both, really. And keep in mind that they prefer a veteran in each position group. Also keep in mind how gradually they worked Singletary into the offense. They might want a guy who can come in and be able to contribute quicker than a rookie.

39 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

You get better where you can.  And he's averaged 224 carries a season.  Hardly high mileage.

• Thank you (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

I wonder how many of the people here who are dying to draft a RB lost their minds when they picked SIngletary last year?

That was a get they Bills were delighted about.
They need to ad to that.

Yeldon is not my pick, even for the inactive list. Sorry TJ.

Howard would be an upgrade from Gore. young enough to run him hard. old enough to be smart about his runs. and he should be reasonably priced if Bills make a deal

you solidify the position and now Bills can get back to BPA in the draft. 

Seem Beane can identify College RBs decently. Lets find a gem then ? 

4 minutes ago, Doc said:

You get better where you can.  And he's averaged 224 carries a season.  Hardly high mileage.

I agree. Beane doesn't swing for the fences anyways. He gets on base or drives a runner in off the pop fly lol

3 minutes ago, Tesla03 said:

man it really sucks to be excited about this FA period only to hear Jordan Howard's name ...

where are the big money star players? this team is dying for top talent 

They are? 

• Like (+1) 1

Looking at this, Howard would be a solid pick up. He's not going to wow you, but he's going to convert those 3rd and 3 or less situations we were so bad at last year. He also doesn't put the ball on the ground. Also he was moved out of Chicago based on the new Matt Nagy scheme plus when you have crazy contracts like Mack and needed to extend players like Eddie Jackson and Fuller coming up a RB isn't as valuable to you.

Lamar Miller is the dynamic back everyone cries for. Yes I know he's older but once Miller gets through the hole he's a home run threat every time. He's got that sneaky speed and he's the only RB with two TD runs of 95 yards or longer in NFL history.