Had a nice chat with Jerome Bettis at his restaurant ALL BILLS!

3 hours ago, BillsMafi$ said:

I live in Pittsburgh and the food there is terrible 

Thanks for your contribution. As usual.. ?

3 hours ago, Shaw66 said:

Well, that all sounds great and I agree with all his conclusions, but ...

1.  I'm a Bills fan, so of course I agree, 

2.  If you're an ex-NFL star who owns a restaurant, you've probably figured out it's not good for business to tell customers that their team sucks.  

Killjoy.

Great story, OP! Thanks for sharing!

I've been here several times with large groups of people. Always had an awesome time. Never saw Bettis there though. Food is great. Service is great. Very good wings here, as well as pierogies.

4 hours ago, ocemur said:

Given our current situation, I think proper attire would be a black speedo, leather studded chest harness and vintage 1980 hockey mask. But let's face it, that outfit is always appropriate in any situation.

All said from mommy’s basement

4 hours ago, mellaman101 said:

If your in the Pittsburgh area, please get a steak at Jerome Bettis Grille 36....

Was dead and me and the wife stopped in.  He has some great food and drinks in there.  He is always out and about.  I had some Bills gear on and he was very excited for us.  We talked about this virus and then free agency.  He said spite the cold weather, EVERYONE wants to play for us.  He said we flat out have the best staff in the league and what shocked me was what he said players look for.  #1 thing players are look for besides money is the fan base.  He said flat out Buffalo, Green Bay, then the Steelers are tops in the NFL market.  He said players are tired of the big market cities and team such as New York and Dallas.  Way too much politics on the players in those areas and they play nervous and scared because of the media attention on them.  We talked about Josh Allen and he flat out said his progress is all up to him and him only.  A good QB will train with trainers and other former greats to get better (which Allen does).  Very nice man and he has the place loaded with pics and memorabilia to include some Jim Kelly stuff.

I wonder why that would be? ?

4 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Thanks for your contribution. As usual.. ?

Killjoy.

Great story, OP! Thanks for sharing!

Oh, I didn't mean I didn't love the story.  I'd have loved having that kind of interaction with a HoF player. 

Passed Jim Brown at Ralph Wilson Stadium and always regret not just stopping and introducing him to my son.  

And to be fair, sure Bettis would have said nice things to any fan, but these sounded like they were sincere.