Who is going to be the big FA signing for the Bills come tomorrow?

2 minutes ago, BillsFan17 said:

Not all Bills fans. I know I certainly dont want to give up what it will cost to acquire him.

Might not be as bad as we think, but I really don't see the Texans dealing off their best player.

8 hours ago, Tipster19 said:

I’ll make a guess that it will be DT D.J. Reader and before the FA frenzy quiets down RB Jordan Howard will be a Bill as well. Any and all predictions are welcomed so take a shot of who will be the 1st FA signing for the Bills.

I think both of your predictions make a lot of sense.  I also believe that both would provide a significant upgrade over the players that they are replacing.  They also bring talent in the area that McD values.  He wants a strong and deep D-line and he wants to have a power running game to protect leads at the end of games. There was a time when I thought that Carlos Hyde could be a target for Beane but when he refused a significant offer from Houston I realized that he had just priced himself out of consideration from Beane.

7 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Shaq Barrett !!

He was just tagged today but he would have been a great addition.

• Thank you (+1) 1

It would be absolutely foolish to trade for Hopkins when this draft is so deep with YOUNG, talented receivers. IF Josh Allen was 100% the franchise QB here it would be a different story but you can't pull a Sammy Watkins when he still has a lot more to prove in the passing game. I hope that is the case at the end of this year but I don't think it is the case right now. Be smart about free agency while building up the line, adding a RB, adding another WR that won't break the bank, and adding 2 more WR in the draft.

10 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Foolish for trading for one of the best WRs in the NFL? ??

It would probably take two 1st Rounders (bare minimum), plus his $14 million cap hit.

So yes.  When this draft is absolutely stocked full with WR talent, it's probably not the wisest time to make that kind of trade.

7 hours ago, todzilla said:

I’m really hoping for Robert Quinn. I think DE will be toughest to get an impact guy in the draft so that’s where I would spend. 

I'd be down for that.