Who is going to be the big FA signing for the Bills come tomorrow?

We sign Reed at DT from Seattle. Then based on the fact we platooned our draft pick last year, I am gonna say we go with Darryl Williams and make RT an open competition since Ty is old and should be just our swing guy. 

I don’t see them making a splash. 

The way I have seen things so far:

At the end of the year they grade each position, A-F. If there is a position that say grades out to a D or an F. Bean will use FA to bring that position up to a C.

That way you’re never really find yourself overspending. (They might shell out a little more if it makes other positions around it better as well, ie Moorse)

Then they use the draft (BPA), to hopefully stack on top of that C grade, and hopefully it upgrades over time, and when that FA contract expires. 

We shall see though.. 

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Shaq Barrett !!

I would be good with Shaq but I hear they will franchise him. 

1 minute ago, Vod Kanockers said:

I don’t see them making a splash. 

The way I have seen things so far:

At the end of the year they grade each position, A-F. If there is a position that say grades out to a D or an F. Bean will use FA to bring that position up to a C.

That way you’re never really find yourself overspending. (They might shell out a little more if it makes other positions around it better as well, ie Moorse)

Then they use the draft (BPA), to hopefully stack on top of that C grade, and hopefully it upgrades over time, and when that FA contract expires. 

We shall see though.. 

The difference this year is middle of the road FAs won’t cut it because we have higher expectations. We are win now mode. We have a very good team and need a premier WR , a decent RT, a very good pass rusher, and some depth at multiple positions. We aren’t getting both the WR and edge player in the draft, so we have to make a splash somewhere. I have to believe they are going to throw some cash at DE because the draft doesn’t look that great there. 

• Like (+1) 2

Well...Due to the fact it's looking like we'll lose both Shaq and JP...I'm REALLY hoping the biggest name we sign is a D-Lineman...And a DE would be preferred...I'm guessing McBeane already have a couple under-the-radar names in mind...

I'd like to see Reader in Buffalo...But I'm not crazy about breaking the bank for him...

I honestly think a healthy Kirksey would be a HUGE addition because you fill your biggest hole on Defense (LorAx) with a proven Vet who is VERY good when healthy...

Can't wait for news to start coming in tomorrow...?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Golden Goat said:

Breshard Perriman

Yeah, I could see him. Funchess, maybe. Beasley or Quinn, maybe at DE. They'll have a salary ceiling for people and we'll see a bunch of guys they'd have wanted get signed for more money than the Bills want to pay, IMO. Van Noy?

I'm really looking forward to this.

Edited by Thurman#1

DJ Reader. Kirksey. Robert Quinn. Conklin.  Would like a big time RB like Gordon or Henry to help Josh Allen. Then they can move up for one of the 3 top WRs in the draft. Then get secondary help and another WR in the draft. I think Beane is going for it this year, and the leashes are off. 

I hope that we’re going to sign a big name !

the team is going in the right direction, so I think that it’s going to be more attractive for the FA’s.

let’s be active to be a contender next year, we just need a solid pass rusher and to boost the offense.

3 hours ago, KOKBILLS said:

Well...Due to the fact it's looking like we'll lose both Shaq and JP...I'm REALLY hoping the biggest name we sign is a D-Lineman...And a DE would be preferred...I'm guessing McBeane already have a couple under-the-radar names in mind...

I'd like to see Reader in Buffalo...But I'm not crazy about breaking the bank for him...

I honestly think a healthy Kirksey would be a HUGE addition because you fill your biggest hole on Defense (LorAx) with a proven Vet who is VERY good when healthy...

Can't wait for news to start coming in tomorrow...?

I know I’m in the minority, but I’m all for letting Shaq go. He’s simply not very good, not a current management selection and not a Process guy.

3 hours ago, todzilla said:

I’m really hoping for Robert Quinn. I think DE will be toughest to get an impact guy in the draft so that’s where I would spend. 

Yes!