COSTCO & WEGMANS today

Marv's Neighbor

On 3/15/2020 at 6:57 PM, Wacka said:

Went to get bread and Kleenex today Just normal stuff. Went to  Save a Lot ( cut rate market like an Aldi) bare bread shelf. Went to a Dollar general next door for Kleene-empty. Went to Tops. Got bread although they hdidn't have much.  Aldi's was closed.  Endd getting Kleenex at another Dollar General near home. At least the streets were empty.

That sounds a lot like the Jamestown area.  We have no COVID-19 cases in the area but we had little or no TP, no bread, no bottle water etc at most stores until yesterday -- and those in limited amounts.

2 hours ago, SoTier said:

That sounds a lot like the Jamestown area.  We have no COVID-19 cases in the area but we had little or no TP, no bread, no bottle water etc at most stores until yesterday -- and those in limited amounts.

When this is all over, inner alot of people are going to have friends over for parties and serve 'bread and water' just to use up all the extra they stocked up on......

• Haha (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Limeaid said:

First one is from Walmart.  Wardrobe malfunctions at Walmart.

Poster is being a bit dishonest saying he took pictures for if he was he'd be violating I am sure multiple restraining orders and women would be going out of their way to avoid him.

Wait here.  I need a minute to gouge my eyes out.  

On 3/20/2020 at 9:19 AM, apuszczalowski said:

When this is all over, inner alot of people are going to have friends over for parties and serve 'bread and water' just to use up all the extra they stocked up on......

Some of these idiots are going to have to resort to heating their houses with toilet paper.  

Heard from someone I know, you know what else is now in short supply? Freezers. 

The next available freezers will be arriving in late June - looks like our suppliers will be getting one of each model at most in their local warehouses . They supply every store in WA, and possibly AK, ID & OR. We are getting 10 - 20 calls a day for freezers, normally we get one call every three months.

And what's worse is that Home Depot, Best Buy, & Lowes have them on their web sites at 10 points - a low margin commodity. And people expect us to match those prices. Otherwise, it would look like we are profiteering.

I make a $4 commission, when I could be selling a SubZero and make a $500 commission. And the time on the call reduces my chance of making my volume bonus and my margin bonus for the month. A regular GE or Whirlpool refrigerator will last 8 - 10 years, a SubZero will last 20 - 25 years. A lot better quality control and testing, as well.

A lot of them are asking for 5 or 7 cf chest freezers, which all come from China, ironically.

Friday my brother went to Sam's Club Plenty of TP at noon. No clorox wipes. A woman tried to get two packages of 30, they said limit one. The woman hit the cashiers arm. The security was there in a second. She then shoved the cop and he had her cuffed in a second.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

We went to Costo and there was limit on number of cases of water.

Lady ahead of us asked "No water."

We said "No."

She asked cashier id she could use our card but pay with her credit card.

He said "Yes."

So she got her extra water but no idea if she was turned back by door checker.

Wegman's yesterday :  No toilet paper.  None of the more common Campbell's Soup products.  Vegetables most products in stock but lesser quantities versus a week ago.  Meat dept 60-67 percent of normal in terms of selection.  No Minute Rice.  Pasta section 20 percent of normal shelf wise.  My house running pretty much normal.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.