COSTCO & WEGMANS today

Marv's Neighbor

3 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Noted at No Frills Fort Erie the other day, plenty of soups, stews, canned goods on the shelves.  Noted plenty of shoppers’ carts overflowing with snack foods and sodas.  ?

the LCBO near me was lined up outside the door. i guess people are planning to party their way through this

• Haha (+1) 1

Shopped Tops today.

Lot about 2/3rds full.  No TP, Diet Coke, frozen veggies or chicken.  Bread aisle decimated.  Otherwise, pretty much everything else.  Even had Clorox wipes (not many).  Deli fully stocked.

Gonna be a long few months.

Just now, row_33 said:

dairy products are immune to the scum my locust hoarders

Not quite, guy in line at Costco Friday night had 8 gallons of it in his cart.

Recap, went Friday to Wegmans by my house, crowded at 3pm, like holiday shopping crowded. White bread was all gone, but other types were plenty, along with hot dog/hamburg rolls.  English muffins were all gone, but plenty of bagels. Canned vegetable aisle was stripped bare. Didn't bother looking for TP. At checkout, lady in front of us had 8 cases of Dasani water, along with other stuff. 

Then onto Costco, the entire paper products aisle was gone. TP, paper towels, napkins, tissues, all gone. Two pallets of pasta, gone. Lots of other stuff was still available, but limited quantity. 

Today, stopped at an Aldi in the small town my parents live, still had TP, but only about a half pallet. Some sections were cleaned out, but they had plenty of canned fruits and veggies available. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, mead107 said:

At BJs 70% gone. Cat litter low also 

I got the last cat litter from our Costco Thursday.....we ordered dog food from Chewey a few days ago and just received an email today that they are back logged due to the current situation. Usually we get delivery the next day because there is a distribution center relatively close.

3 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

I got the last cat litter from our Costco Thursday.....we ordered dog food from Chewey a few days ago and just received an email today that they are back logged due to the current situation. Usually we get delivery the next day because there is a distribution center relatively close.

Wow

5 minutes ago, Steptide said:

At some point, everyone will have went grocery shopping, and the chaos at the stores will slow down. 

hope so

have a few 24 hour places near me to visit at strange hours if needed

1 hour ago, row_33 said:

hope so

have a few 24 hour places near me to visit at strange hours if needed

If they're still open 24 hours. Most 24/7 places around me have (Walmart, Wegmans, Tops, Price Chopper) have said they're closing doors at 11pm/midnight and not opening till 6am/7am so they can restock and deep clean. 

Sunday I went to Giant and Harris Teeter to got some groceries. 

Giant foodwise was pretty well stocked on meats and poultry and milk, but no bread.  

HT foodwise had some bread but their meats and poultry section was barren and their milk coolers were completely empty.  

Beyond store brand tap water, the only water on the shelf is  DASANI®. for $7.99  EVERWHERE

I read that Pennsylvania closed the state run liquor stores.  Kind of has me scratching my head.  Chinese Wuhan Virus should be power slammed through a burning table. 

Edited by Irv
  • Like (+1) 1

Since we are under 14 day self-quarantine after getting home from Europe on Saturday, we have to do online shopping (we did have friends offer to shop for us and drop off in our foyer, but we hate to impose).

Dash's suspended delivery. Tops was a Monday (late) delivery when we started the order, and we were pushed to a Tuesday morning delivery by the time we completed our order. Whole Foods had no delivery times available, and I just checked my cart again and the "No delivery windows available. Please come back later." message is still up. ?‍♂️

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.