COSTCO & WEGMANS today

Marv's Neighbor

Wanted to see if it was really that bad?

Costco had a note at the door that they had no bottled water or toilet paper.  Other than that, it seemed pretty normal, or as normal as could be expected on a Sunday.

Wegmans did have bottled water with a 2 case per limit.  Surprised to see that the Pop & chips were very much depleted but not entirely gone.  Didn't go as far as the toilet paper aisle but all seemed to be very normal and orderly.

Considering all the apparent hysteria on the news, it was a very pleasant surprise.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

My wife went to a HUGE Publix this morning a mile east of us. It was better than a couple days ago, but still very, very  limited. On a whim, she went to a much smaller Publix a couple miles to the west. TOTALLY different experience. It looked like business as usual other than TP and sanitizer/wipes. Go figure! 

Yesterday I mentioned to the cashier at the big one than I had been there the day before. Her eyes got huge and she said “DID YOU SEE THAT???”  I had never seen anything like Friday at that store! Things are improving.

There is a Costco about 3 miles away. I have’t gone by there because......I’d have to park about 3 miles away. It’s bad there on a “good day”.  I’m not even trying now. 

Edited by Augie

10 minutes ago, Augie said:

There is a Costco about 3 miles from us. I have’t gone by there because......I’d have to park about 3 miles away. It’s bad there on a “good day”.  I’m not even trying now. 

Within the last two years, they opened a Costco in Stoney Creek, and both it and the St. Catharines store are likewise jammed at the best of times.  I would not even dare venture out there during this time.  

• Like (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Noted at No Frills Fort Erie the other day, plenty of soups, stews, canned good on the shelves.  Noted plenty of shoppers’ carts overflowing with snack foods and sodas.  ?

Kind of surprised at that and noticed the same thing at Wegman's.  Used to be canned soup, canned vegetables, etc. were go to staples.

1 hour ago, Marv's Neighbor said:

Wanted to see if it was really that bad?

Costco had a note at the door that they had no bottled water or toilet paper.  Other than that, it seemed pretty normal, or as normal as could be expected on a Sunday.

Wegmans did have bottled water with a 2 case per limit.  Surprised to see that the Pop & chips were very much depleted but not entirely gone.  Didn't go as far as the toilet paper aisle but all seemed to be very normal and orderly.

Considering all the apparent hysteria on the news, it was a very pleasant surprise.

Pop, snack foods, and delivery pizza are the sole source of foods in many households anymore.  Must be the schools stopped with the talks on the food pyramid and food groups in general quite some time ago.  I buy very little in the way of processed foods.  I alternate between bananas and oranges and orange juice and grape juice at a minimum.  Grapes help with heart health which is somewhat of an issue on my mother's side of the family.

1 hour ago, BillsFan4 said:

Mark Poloncarz anno7nced that he talked to all the big grocery stores and they said that their food supply is not impacted so there is no need to bulk buy food.

Hopefully that message will start getting out there. 

I think the issue would be if people are forced into full quarantine like Italy where it won't matter how much food the grocery stores have if you can't leave your house to go get it...

1 hour ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Within the last two years, they opened a Costco in Stoney Creek, and both it and the St. Catharines store are likewise jammed at the best of times.  I would not even dare venture out there during this time.  

Yeah, weekends there are pretty crazy

33 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

Pop, snack foods, and delivery pizza are the sole source of foods in many households anymore.  Must be the schools stopped with the talks on the food pyramid and food groups in general quite some time ago.  I buy very little in the way of processed foods.  I alternate between bananas and oranges and orange juice and grape juice at a minimum.  Grapes help with heart health which is somewhat of an issue on my mother's side of the family.

Well every week it seems things change as to what you should and shouldn't be eating and what is and isn't healthy. Apparently if you believe in Keto, Pork Rhines are healthier then eating some fruits or bread.....

• Like (+1) 2

Went to get bread and Kleenex today Just normal stuff. Went to  Save a Lot ( cut rate market like an Aldi) bare bread shelf. Went to a Dollar general next door for Kleene-empty. Went to Tops. Got bread although they hdidn't have much.  Aldi's was closed.  Endd getting Kleenex at another Dollar General near home. At least the streets were empty.

Bread and most raw meat was gone as well here

bought bacon and ham and cold cuts to keep me happy

good thing cat food didn’t have a run on it, that wouldn’t go well at the homestead 

Edited by row_33
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.