Ryan Tannehill re-signed

WMDman

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, machine gun kelly said:

Well the NFLR boys have moved Brady as likely if not back in NE and signs don’t look good, so it’s Tampa or maybe the Raiders.  LA would love him, and his wife would probably love LA, but I don’t see him going to a team with such a crappy O Line.  I can’t believe these words are coming out of my mouth, but I wouldn’t mind him in Tampa.  He could battle for two years against Brees, and Tampa has a lot of weapons and a pretty good line.  Their front seven is good, just their RB’s are mediocre, and secondary sucks.  

The Bills are always my first team, but I have lived here for half my life so once every four years is their a conflict.  It would be nice to see Brady play for an NFC team, and maybe even help the Bucs get back to the playoffs.  Not as bad as the Bills 17 year drought, but it has been a 12 year drought for them.

The Cheater's long-time OL coach Dante Scarnecchia retired for good.  That's not good news for Tommy Boy.  And he likely won't get anyone good in FA to throw to.

1 hour ago, machine gun kelly said:

Well the NFLR boys have moved Brady as likely if not back in NE and signs don’t look good, so it’s Tampa or maybe the Raiders.  LA would love him, and his wife would probably love LA, but I don’t see him going to a team with such a crappy O Line.  I can’t believe these words are coming out of my mouth, but I wouldn’t mind him in Tampa.  He could battle for two years against Brees, and Tampa has a lot of weapons and a pretty good line.  Their front seven is good, just their RB’s are mediocre, and secondary sucks.  

The Bills are always my first team, but I have lived here for half my life so once every four years is their a conflict.  It would be nice to see Brady play for an NFC team, and maybe even help the Bucs get back to the playoffs.  Not as bad as the Bills 17 year drought, but it has been a 12 year drought for them.

Between LA and Tampa, I think he’d choose Tampa. He’s not going up vs Mahomes twice a year, so he’ll take his chances vs anyone else. 

2 hours ago, dhg said:

Sure, but how excited would you be about this if you were a Titans fan?

I'd feel much better than with Mariota. I've always thought Tannehill would do well with a good team. We'll see what happens this coming season.

3 hours ago, aristocrat said:

whats his mean?  start with 3rd year. with him it's all about health.  thats been his downfall

Tannehill? His issue is being an average QB his entire year except for part of last season.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, aristocrat said:

70 percent comp, 22 tds, 6 picks. 2700 yards in 12 games. we would all be very happy if josh did that next year

I don't think that's really the point.  It's he's not the 7th best QB in the league but you have to pay him as such. It's outrageous what these QB's are making and it's very difficult to build a team when you're paying a decent QB - elite money.  

See ya Brady.

10 hours ago, Doc said:

Looks like it's 5-years, $150M with $80M guaranteed.  Wow.

good for him, man i knew i should have been an average QB in school :D

10 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

So ‘Tommy Boy’ HAS to stay with NE* if he wants to play??

No, he's going to the Colts.

9 hours ago, klos63 said:

If Allen leads us to a playoff victory, the new CBA with a 17 game season will get him $40 million per year

i want Allen to be the highest paid QB in the league as this means he and we are doing really well, my only concern is how that effects our salary cap and keeping our other great players. However with all the new money coming in it should be manageable.

4 hours ago, White Linen said:

I don't think that's really the point.  It's he's not the 7th best QB in the league but you have to pay him as such. It's outrageous what these QB's are making and it's very difficult to build a team when you're paying a decent QB - elite money.  

You only pay him as the 7th best QB in the league for a couple of months. He will only be paid as a top 10 QB on average yearly salary for about a year. By year three of this contract (incidentally the year when it is the most problematic in terms of cap) I doubt he is even in the top 15 of annual salaries. 

No QB is going to allow themselves to be pitched where they are now in the market..... because if they do then in 2 years they will be underpaid. 

16 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Does this mean that he gets 20 million at signing, plus the first 2 years guaranteed? If not, the numbers don't add up, no?

10 hours ago, Chicken Boo said:

Dummy lower tier players really thought they would see that extra money from the new CBA?

I posted this yesterday as soon as I saw the new Agreement.

This contract will be well below average VERY soon.