Ryan Tannehill re-signed

WMDman

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought they would go after Brady. Seemed like the best fit for him.

Im wondering if he will just stay in New England though, with offseason programs potentially being in jeopardy. It would be tough to switch teams (especially at his age, where time is critical) and not have the offseason programs to get family,air with your new receivers/offense etc. 

1 hour ago, Logic said:

I know I'm in the minority, but I don't see Tannehill replicating last year's success. I see him regressing to a level of play similar to his Miami years.

Side note: QB money is crazy these days. Can't wait to see what Mahomes ends up getting.

Hard to believe he was so bad in Miami they got rid of him, and then he is worth this to Titans.  Somebody is way wrong...either the 'phins or the TT's!

• Like (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

That is an amazing contract for a guy who went 36-60 for 369 yards in 3 playoff games.

That's roughly a 60% pass completion and an average of 123 yards per game.

That's FRANCHISE QB CALIBER BOYS!!!??

He's one of the main reasons they reached the playoffs.

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

So I think this is high for Tanny, but not totally off kilter if you think he is a decent not great QB which Tennessee obviously do. I don't, I think he sucks and had a bit of lightening in a bottle, but if you agree with them and make him the 7th best paid now, he will be at least 10th maybe even lower at the end of this offseason as Mahomes, Prescott and Watson are signed (and maybe Brady and Brees stop taking team friendly deals.... remains to be seen) by the end of next off-season if Mayfield, Allen, Lamar and Darnold are all signed it leaves Tannehill about 15th or 16th highest paid. Not that far off the mark I'd say for what Tennessee think he is..

agreed. all it is going to take is for him to see ghosts one time then it is going to be all downhill from there.

22 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

Uh, no. One of the reasons? Maybe.

But the main reasons name is Derrick Henry. 

Agreed. Wire says the Titans are preparing to offer Henry a "huge" contract. Maybe there's some "chemistry thing" between them and one of Henry's demands was that they keep Tanny. No way to know, but it'll be interesting to see how it unfolds. Regardless, that contract is ?

16 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Foles is the dumbest but this could be just as bad, time will tell 

Blake Bortles and Trumaine Johnson say, HELLO. Hold my beer a sec.

Johnson's not a QB but man that one was bad!

Edited by billsbackto81

Well the NFLR boys have moved Brady as likely if not back in NE and signs don’t look good, so it’s Tampa or maybe the Raiders.  LA would love him, and his wife would probably love LA, but I don’t see him going to a team with such a crappy O Line.  I can’t believe these words are coming out of my mouth, but I wouldn’t mind him in Tampa.  He could battle for two years against Brees, and Tampa has a lot of weapons and a pretty good line.  Their front seven is good, just their RB’s are mediocre, and secondary sucks.  

The Bills are always my first team, but I have lived here for half my life so once every four years is their a conflict.  It would be nice to see Brady play for an NFC team, and maybe even help the Bucs get back to the playoffs.  Not as bad as the Bills 17 year drought, but it has been a 12 year drought for them.

4 hours ago, aristocrat said:

70 percent comp, 22 tds, 6 picks. 2700 yards in 12 games. we would all be very happy if josh did that next year

And next year regresses back to the mean.

Consistency is key.

28 minutes ago, klos63 said:

Sure Henry was amazing, but the team started the turnaround when Tannehill took over.

Sure, but how excited would you be about this if you were a Titans fan?