Ryan Tannehill re-signed

WMDman

So I think this is high for Tanny, but not totally off kilter if you think he is a decent not great QB which Tennessee obviously do. I don't, I think he sucks and had a bit of lightening in a bottle, but if you agree with them and make him the 7th best paid now, he will be at least 10th maybe even lower at the end of this offseason as Mahomes, Prescott and Watson are signed (and maybe Brady and Brees stop taking team friendly deals.... remains to be seen) by the end of next off-season if Mayfield, Allen, Lamar and Darnold are all signed it leaves Tannehill about 15th or 16th highest paid. Not that far off the mark I'd say for what Tennessee think he is..

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

70 percent comp, 22 tds, 6 picks. 2700 yards in 12 games. we would all be very happy if josh did that next year

Tannehill has played well in the past also. It's a decent deal. One thing that gets me though he's 32 to start next year. Didn't know he's that old. I guess it could be considered prime years the way QBs are going. Seems 28-33 are becoming prime QB years.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

I know I'm in the minority, but I don't see Tannehill replicating last year's success. I see him regressing to a level of play similar to his Miami years.

Side note: QB money is crazy these days. Can't wait to see what Mahomes ends up getting.

• Like (+1) 1

with  new money added  to     cap , and the way  he played last year ,   he probably  could  have  held  out  for  more. it  works  for  both  team and  player.  id  go as far to say it  drives    daks price down rather  than  up .

Joe Flacco, Matthew Stafford, Matt Ryan, and Derek Carr come to mind when I see a contract like this.  Good but not great starting quarterbacks that keep your team from taking that next step because they need talent around them on both sides of the ball in order to win a Superbowl.  Their salary prohibits the team from acquiring that talent.  This was a bad move for the Titans.  Especially given last year may have been the exception and not the norm as far as Tannehill is concerned. 

Edited by Doc Brown
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, Doc Brown said:

Joe Flacco, Matthew Stafford, Matt Ryan, and Derek Carr come to mind when I see a contract like this.  Good but not great starting quarterbacks that keep your team from taking that next step because they need talent around them on both sides of the ball in order to win a Superbowl.  Their salary prohibits the team from acquiring that talent.  This was a bad move for the Titans.

Hmm... Matt Ryan took his team to a Superbowl after signing a big deal. He does not belong in that group in my opinion. 

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

If he can repeat that production this is not a crazy deal for Tenn. 

his issue has always been consistency. I would worry that in the two playoff games they won he completed a total of 15 passes. That was over both games. In the game that they lost, the throws were there for him because KC threw the whole defense at Henry and he couldn’t make the throws. That film will haunt him next year. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, GunnerBill said:

Hmm... Matt Ryan took his team to a Superbowl after signing a big deal. He does not belong in that group in my opinion. 

I was referring to his third contract but you're right.  Definitely an exception to the rule as they drafted very well to get to that Superbowl.

1 minute ago, Doc Brown said:

I was referring to his third contract but you're right.  Definitely an exception to the rule as they drafted very well to get to that Superbowl.

And I just think he is a class above the other guys. I put Ryan in the "how the hell didn't he win one?" category that Philip Rivers belongs in. He is a better Quarterback than Flacco, Stafford and Carr and Tannehill isn't even in the same ball park as Ryan.