Colts resign Costanza 2 Years $33 million

14 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

You think Dawkins is going to sign for much less? He is getting $16m per as a minimum

So you think he will be the highest per year salaried LT in the league?  At 16 million, he would be tied for 3rd with Taylor Lewan.

He's not Taylor Lewan.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

No I meant for Dawkins not Costanza. This sets the average per year market. But how much we guarantee for Dawkins remains a question. 

My best guess is we resign Dawkins soon.  $16 M a year for 4 years.  $64 M, 45-50 guaranteed

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

So you think he will be the highest per year salaried LT in the league?  At 16 million, he would be tied for 3rd with Taylor Lewan.

He's not Taylor Lewan.

I agree, he isn't Taylor Lewan. But Lewan signed that deal two years ago. The salary cap has gone up $22m in the meantime. Taylor Lewan if he was up for renegotiation today would not take $16m. Dawkins will go into that top 3 or 4 when he signs. Hell DJ Humphries just went into the top 5 and I'd argue he isn't even a top 15 left tackle. It is the same thing as I am saying on QB contracts. You can't say "I think you are the 12th best tackle therefore that is the money I am offering you" because all the players know that 12th now means 20th in 2 years time. 

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

I agree, he isn't Taylor Lewan. But Lewan signed that deal two years ago. The salary cap has gone up $22m in the meantime. Taylor Lewan if he was up for renegotiation today would not take $16m. Dawkins will go into that top 3 or 4 when he signs. Hell DJ Humphries just went into the top 5 and I'd argue he isn't even a top 15 left tackle. It is the same thing as I am saying on QB contracts. You can't say "I think you are the 12th best tackle therefore that is the money I am offering you" because all the players know that 12th now means 20th in 2 years time. 

Agreed

George?? 

6 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

well, this takes the colts out of drafting an OT, most likely.  

perhaps a top 5 OT falls to us.  Can't hurt to grab one.  then trade up in 2nd for Mimms, etc.  

I would be okay with that.  I would like two of our first 3 picks to be WR, T and DE.  I think we need to take the DE in the 1st and WR in the 2nd though.  That would help maximize the talent we get.  Deep DE and WR draft.