Erie County/Upstate New York Covid-19 Response (was: Erie Co Declares State of Emergency

Big Turk

After 3 confirmed cases of COVID-19 Erie County held a press conference at 11AM announcing they shut down all schools tomorrow and declared a state of emergency...

Conference call tomorrow to discuss next steps and decisions on school moving forward...

29 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

After 3 confirmed cases of COVID-19 Erie County held a press conference at 11AM announcing they shut down all schools tomorrow and declared a state of emergency...

Conference call tomorrow to discuss next steps and decisions on school moving forward...

...Rochester schools are "until further notice"...........

41 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

Monroe County only at this point. Waiting to see if Wayne County does anything (that's where I live). I say shut everything down for 2 or 3 weeks

• Like (+1) 2

But, a whole bunch of people on my FB timeline think it's hilarious how they all went into crowded bars, etc. yesterday.

Can't people not go out for one friggin weekend, when everything else is totally shut down??

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, bbb said:

But, a whole bunch of people on my FB timeline think it's hilarious how they all went into crowded bars, etc. yesterday.

Can't people not go out for one friggin weekend, when everything else is totally shut down??

if you give up or have no morals to begin with, you can find tons of like company in times like these

With Williamsville and Lancaster schools announcing their closed indefinitely, I’d expect the rest (Buffalo and immediate suburbs) to close indefinitely as well.

Who knows if the BPS will actually have that school day Tuesday. Sort of defeats the purpose of starting a social distancing quarantine if they do.

Edited by eanyills

Small local businesses don't have the deep pockets to weather this storm. I'm going to practice my social distancing and continue to patronize the local small business (unless, of course, I'm symptomatic).

I went to one restaurant, the owner/manager was distraught. I was his only customer that hour.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, ChevyVanMiller said:

Niagara County also declared a state of emergency.  Schools closed until further notice. 

Lol

It’s a joke, media creating this mess. Wife came back fro Costco. Nothing there cleaned out

• Thank you (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, ChevyVanMiller said:

Niagara County also declared a state of emergency.  Schools closed until further notice. 

I'm a a few counties west of Philly and they shut the schools down for two weeks as of 3/13. Strange times. Hopefully all of this has the desired effect. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, bbb said:

Beer makes you brave!

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Helpmenow said:

Lol

It’s a joke, media creating this mess  

No. We are. And the virus itself. 

It took 3 months since it was just in Wuhan for our president to get two direct exposures to it. It’s real.

Edited by Sundancer
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

"Let's keep the kids guessing and getting dressed every morning."

Was... The sadistic superintendent's snow closing policy at W.Seneca Schools in the 1970s.

Old Erie County culture is hard to die.

38 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Also increases the ‘good looks’ of the guy/gal across the barroom.

Beer Goggles!!!!

4 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

Depew, Lancaster, Clarence, Williamsville and GI are all now closed until further notice from what I heard...Depew for sure...we got a text saying as much from the school district

49 minutes ago, Sundancer said:

No. We are. And the virus itself. 

It took 3 months since it was just in Wuhan for our president to get two direct exposures to it. It’s real.

Apparently they found out this virus appeared in November 2017 if not earlier...that was as far as they have been able to trace it back to so far...

Apparently it mutated to a point where it spreads far more quickly and easily than it did in 2017 tho...

I mentioned this in another thread. 

It seems most of the country is following Ohio’s lead at this point, but are basically 3-4 days behind.

Ohio is barring eating-in at all restaurants and bars starting tonight. They were the first to shut down all schools (3 weeks), but I have heard that they may soon shut down school for the rest of the school year. 

I would bet in the next 2-3 weeks we will see a total shut down of all schools for the rest of the year. 

3 hours ago, eanyills said:

With Williamsville and Lancaster schools announcing their closed indefinitely, I’d expect the rest (Buffalo and immediate suburbs) to close indefinitely as well.

Who knows if the BPS will actually have that school day Tuesday. Sort of defeats the purpose of starting a social distancing quarantine if they do.

BPS now closed through 4/20...wow

Edited by matter2003