CBA voted and APPROVED by players/owners

7 hours ago, BillsFan17 said:

I wonder if the contracts will be a little bit different with the additional game(s).

I expect the bulk of any new money to go to quarterbacks. When they first limited rookie salaries, they implied that the money would go to veteran players. Instead, QBs gobbled it up. I don't see this time being any different.

Some QBs will soon make more than 50 mil. per season imo.

Imagine paying someone this money and seeing them get hurt!!!!!

PS: Who now blames Dak for not signing that contract?

Edited by Bill from NYC

4 hours ago, Chicken Boo said:

However it can happen, I hope it does.

Can it? I'd question if it's actually mathematically as for every loss someone else won a game, so would be hard for another team to not have more wins than that and instead maker it.  I guess I'd say the odds of it happening are extremely low. Much better chances of other things happening ... like for example a team ever losing 4 Super Bowls in a row.

For the 17th game they should make a spectacle out of deciding it. They love TV ratings so make it a 1 or 2 hour special:

1. Randomize it with AFC vs NFC teams like ping pong balls. So the Bills would play one other team from either the NFC East, North or South.

2. Make it a draft. The Chiefs pick first and decide who they want to face. They have to pick a team not already on their schedule, so they could pick the Bengals first. Then you can get interviews from players trash talking, saying they are going to wish they didn't pick us.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

So the argument against the 7 th wildcard team will water down the caliber of teams, well here is the 10 year history.  I didn’t see another thread in the search mods if this were it’s own topic.

NFC Records 2010-2019 (10 years)

2 - 10-6

4 - 9-7

1 - 8-7-1

3 -8-8

AFC

1 -10-6

1 -9-6-1

4 - 9-7

4 - 8-8

Not one 7-9 wildcard team.  There has been one or two Like Seattle Division winners, but that is a different topic.

So the bottom line if you combine for 7th wildcard teams that would have made it in the NFL wildcard game, pretty much against now against the second seed.

NFL

3 -10-6

1- 9-6-1

8 - 9-7

1 -8-7-1

7 -8-8

Bottom line not 1 losing record in 10 years for the extra wildcard team having a losing record, and 13-20 with winning records.  I know a lot of people are against it, but I like it and it’s more opportunities to see our team get in and maybe surprise a team beating them in the first and second rounds.

I hope this helps as it took me awhile to look up by each year, but thought some people would want to read this data.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Virgil said:

They only cut one preaseason game?  Figured they’d cut 2.   

Expect a lot of player temper tantrums with a vote that close

Of course. Lots of holdouts with expecting to be paid for game.  I think there will be a number "contract flu" games where someone is sick but still will want check for 17th game.   I would have preferred a 2nd bye to answer complaints about health.

8 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Of course. Lots of holdouts with expecting to be paid for game.  I think there will be a number "contract flu" games where someone is sick but still will want check for 17th game.   I would have preferred a 2nd bye to answer complaints about health.

They all get paid extra for the extra game. It's part of the agreement.

2 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

So the argument against the 7 th wildcard team will water down the caliber of teams, well here is the 10 year history.  I didn’t see another thread in the search mods if this were it’s own topic.

NFC Records 2010-2019 (10 years)

2 - 10-6

4 - 9-7

1 - 8-7-1

3 -8-8

AFC

1 -10-6

1 -9-6-1

4 - 9-7

4 - 8-8

Not one 7-9 wildcard team.  There has been one or two Like Seattle Division winners, but that is a different topic.

So the bottom line if you combine for 7th wildcard teams that would have made it in the NFL wildcard game, pretty much against now against the second seed.

NFL

3 -10-6

1- 9-6-1

8 - 9-7

1 -8-7-1

7 -8-8

Bottom line not 1 losing record in 10 years for the extra wildcard team having a losing record, and 13-20 with winning records.  I know a lot of people are against it, but I like it and it’s more opportunities to see our team get in and maybe surprise a team beating them in the first and second rounds.

I hope this helps as it took me awhile to look up by each year, but thought some people would want to read this data.

This should tick people off more.  An 8-8 team should not make the playoffs and 7 would've made it in the last 10 years.  Yuck.

Just now, Tuco said:

They all get paid extra for the extra game. It's part of the agreement.

Exactly but since some players do not like it I expect them to have fake illnesses especially towards end of year if not going to be in playoffs.

Players have never had a problem getting paid to not work before.

1 minute ago, Limeaid said:

Exactly but since some players do not like it I expect them to have fake illnesses especially towards end of year if not going to be in playoffs.

Players have never had a problem getting paid to not work before.

Gotcha. 

6 hours ago, Tuco said:

I wouldn't lose too much sleep worrying about it happening. But if it makes you happy, go for it.

Going back 16 years, the record of the extra teams that would have made the playoffs under the 14 team format-

11-5 ------ 1 time
10-6 ------ 7 times
9-6-1 ----- 1 time
9-7 -------- 14 times
8-7-1 ----- 1 time
8-8 -------- 8 times

8-7-1 will do.

12 hours ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Damn.  50 votes is a crazy thin margin.  Media made it seem like it was definitely gonna pass.  

1019-959 =60   Not so crazy thin!?? Glad it passed.  People were watching the XFL, and now are worrying about a watered down playoffs ( not addressing this to you ).

It’s still playoff football in the best league available so I will always take that over a substandard product trying to compete or mimic it. One thing will always be certain, viewers will always be in control of their own tv and viewing habits. So if someone is that concerned over one more playoff game, don’t watch it.  I did that with the xfl crap before our unfortunate novel virus epidemic and I haven’t lost any sleep over not watching it. Hoping this improves the Bills chances next year with what looks like a challenging schedule. ?

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

This should tick people off more.  An 8-8 team should not make the playoffs and 7 would've made it in the last 10 years.  Yuck.

Yeah, of course there hasn't been losing teams. They'd have to expand a lot to achieve that unless there is just a really bad division. It's the 8-8 teams I don't want to see in.

13 hours ago, Virgil said:

They only cut one preaseason game?  Figured they’d cut 2.   

Expect a lot of player temper tantrums with a vote that close

they will in the next CBA. The owners arent going to give them two preseason games until they get an 18 game schedule.

• Awesome! (+1) 1