CBA voted and APPROVED by players/owners

Would have preferred the 17th game to be a neutral site.For example how cool would it be to see 2 teams play in a away stadium, IE Dallas at Kansas City in Las Vegas, Or Bills Vs Green Bay in Tennessee. Just think of the possibilities. That way we'd all get to see how well a fan base travels. Plus you might get to go to a great American city and not play the home team. 

Edited by qwksilver

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

Agree. I am fine with 7 teams in and only the top seed (the regular season conference champs if you like) getting a bye. Wouldn't want it to expand again but I am fine with this plan. The 17th game I am more on the fence about. Would have liked to see it accompanied by a 2nd bye week. 

Selfishly, I like the 17 games because I get to see the Bills once more in a real game. As it’s currently structured I HATE it. There should be a 2nd bye week and you can’t have teams competing for playoff spots that play a different number of home games.

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Selfishly, I like the 17 games because To get to see the Bills once more in a real game. As it’s currently structured I HATE it. There should be a 2nd bye week and you can’t have teams competing for playoff spots that play a different number of home games.

Agreed especially the 2nd in season bye week. I'm surprised owners didn't want this as it would increase money as games would be played more weeks extending the season.

Also, does anyone really know the details of the 17th game? I saw someone post about 1 conference would get the additional home game and it would switch back and forth? If true that seems like a fail as well. 

7 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Oh man, you must be furious that they stopped testing for weed after you guaranteed that wouldn’t happen. That was in the owner’s proposal!! You were pretty wrong on that one

lol just having a little fun.  it’s sarcasm. 

As you sure know by reading my previous threads, I don’t care whether they smoke or not.  I felt that the owners did.  I covered this in about 50 posts in the other threads.  

22 minutes ago, qwksilver said:

Agreed especially the 2nd in season bye week. I'm surprised owners didn't want this as it would increase money as games would be played more weeks extending the season.

Also, does anyone really know the details of the 17th game? I saw someone post about 1 conference would get the additional home game and it would switch back and forth? If true that seems like a fail as well. 

If I had to guess and have read you would play a game vs NFC.  And every year would alternate one year AFC would host 9 games and then NFC.  And then if you host 9 only 1 preseason game that year.  So owners get their 10 dates .

I read the networks dont want 2 byes as they claim it dilutes their product. Too many byes and matchups aren't as good  I dont get that because they still are top rated products each week.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Oh man, you must be furious that they stopped testing for weed after you guaranteed that wouldn’t happen. That was in the owner’s proposal!! You were pretty wrong on that one

The owners played it perfectly.  

Pot testing was in the early February proposal, but suspensions for testing positive were out.   Then the owners “agreed” to take out pot testing all together making it seem like a big concession ahead of the final vote.   Then the league planted a story through ESPN that some owners hoped the players would vote down the CBA, because these owners really want an 18-game season.   Worked like a charm.

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, GG said:

Pot testing was in the early February proposal, but suspensions for testing positive were out.   Then the owners “agreed” to take out pot testing all together making it seem like a big concession ahead of the final vote.   Then the league planted a story through ESPN that some owners hoped the players would vote down the CBA, because these owners really want an 18-game season.   Worked like a charm.

exactly.  They got what they wanted for essentially mothing

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, boco357 said:

If I had to guess and have read you would play a game vs NFC.  And every year would alternate one year AFC would host 9 games and then NFC.  And then if you host 9 only 1 preseason game that year.  So owners get their 10 dates .

I read the networks dont want 2 byes as they claim it dilutes their product. Too many byes and matchups aren't as good  I dont get that because they still are top rated products each week.

As long as its inter-conference and not really going to affect playoff position (for the most part). Although I think all four teams in the division should play the same division on that week

I am very happy to report the NFL ownership group and players’ association have reached a mutually beneficial agreement that creates additional benefits for both current and former players, and improves the excitement of playoff races and games for the fans.

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, GG said:

The owners were always going to win. Even the international games they have won on a concession to "only" play a "maximum" of 10 games outside the USA a year.... when to this point the most that have ever been played outside the States in a year was 5. Oh and that guarantee only runs for the first half of the CBA? Laughing all the way to the bank. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

I hope a 6-10 team makes the playoffs and goes on to win the Super Bowl.

When has a 6-10 team ever held the 7th best record in a conference since we went to 32 teams? The only way teams with less than 8 wins are getting in is the same way they got in before - as division winners. Now could you have an 8-8 Superbowl Champion? That's possible. But the Giants already won it at 9-7 so it isn't that much of a jump. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, GunnerBill said:

When has a 6-10 team ever held the 7th best record in a conference since we went to 32 teams? The only way teams with less than 8 wins are getting in is the same way they got in before - as division winners. Now could you have an 8-8 Superbowl Champion? That's possible. But the Giants already won it at 9-7 so it isn't that much of a jump. 

True, and Raiders won it as a WC team in the early ‘80s , though I don’t recall the record. Anyway, if a 6-10 team manages somehow to win the Super Bowl it would be hard to argue that they didn’t deserve it. They would have to do it entirely as a road team , and then win a neutral site game vs another team with a superior record. If some team manages to pull off this feat, they’d be a worthy champion. 

4 hours ago, Virgil said:

They only cut one preaseason game?  Figured they’d cut 2.   

Expect a lot of player temper tantrums with a vote that close

I think they’ll cut down to 2 preseason....when they try to go to 18 games. 

26 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

However it can happen, I hope it does.