CBA voted and APPROVED by players/owners

1 hour ago, Virgil said:

They only cut one preaseason game?  Figured they’d cut 2.   

Expect a lot of player temper tantrums with a vote that close

have to save the other one to make a concession when they add the 18th game to the season.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

The team in general was average at best with Rudolph/Hodges.... Mahomes would’ve wiped the floor with them in the opening round..... they just lost to the Ravens back ups the week before. 

To each his own, anything can happen in the playoffs. You don’t just look at teams on paper and decide who wins. I would have liked to see any additional teams/games regardless of who the QB was or how good their offense was 

• Like (+1) 1

Once the 17-game schedule is implemented (as early as 2021) it will also reduce the preseason from four to three games.

In 2019, there were five international games staged by the NFL. Now with 16 more regular season games to be added as soon as 2021, the new CBA allows for a maximum of 10 games to be played outside the US during the regular season.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

To each his own, anything can happen in the playoffs. You don’t just look at teams on paper and decide who wins. I would have liked to see any additional teams/games regardless of who the QB was or how good their offense was 

In a week where every sport is cancelled, we should be even more grateful that we will have more meaningful games.

glad it passed;  also pension  of 22k for pre 1993 players now included annually

would like to have seen an additional bye week added with the addition of the 17th game as this would allow better rest-prep for the Thurs nite game usually scheduled 4 days after a Sunday game is played with 1 team having travel as well; coming off a Sunday bye teams are better prepared to Thurs nite than current schedule allows...

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

How exactly did you lose? What was lost?

It’s the everyone gets a star syndrome, now teams that would otherwise be said to suck, now get into the post season, dilutes the meaningfulness of making it to the playoffs. 

24 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Closer that I thought it would be.

14 minutes ago, H2o said:

That's what I was just about to say, just a 50 vote margin. That's 51.5% that voted yes. 

Yeah, that's nuts.  This was a slam dunk for the players.  Lot of guys in the league who don't seem to have understood what was being discussed.

2 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

It’s the everyone gets a star syndrome, now teams that would otherwise be said to suck, now get into the post season, dilutes the meaningfulness of making it to the playoffs. 

I don’t think the line between “sucks” and “playoff team ” is drawn at the 7th best team of 16. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

Not at all. It's still only 14 teams out of 32. 14 is the perfect amount.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

100% it’s not, especially when the team “ahead of them” can be determined by a coin flip. We aren’t watering it down. 

Agree. I am fine with 7 teams in and only the top seed (the regular season conference champs if you like) getting a bye. Wouldn't want it to expand again but I am fine with this plan. The 17th game I am more on the fence about. Would have liked to see it accompanied by a 2nd bye week. 

• Like (+1) 1