CBA voted and APPROVED by players/owners

2 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Closer that I thought it would be.

MUCH closer! I’ve been suspicious all along that the owners know they’re in for an unprecedented huge haul for interweb broadcast rights and they don’t want to share a penny of it. 10 year contract is also rare -if not unprecedented. Seems the players caught on too late..

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

So the 17 game season and 7 team playoffs...  that is not from 2020, right? They looking at 2021?

The 17 games is 2021, I believe the 7 playoff teams starts in 2020.

very close vote. I want to see what was changed in regards to  previous players benefits. I don’t believe the league has done enough to take care of former players. In particular players from 50’s through the early 90’s. 

Edited by atlbillsfan1975
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 3

1 minute ago, BillsFan17 said:

Wonder if Buffalo now becomes a bit more aggressive, or if they start slinging that money to resign their own.

I wonder if the contracts will be a little bit different with the additional game(s).

I wonder if the league will now push back the start of the league year for a few weeks. The owners wanted this signed before hitting pause on all operations. 

Edited by atlbillsfan1975

1 minute ago, BillsFan17 said:

Wonder if Buffalo now becomes a bit more aggressive, or if they start slinging that money to resign their own.

I wonder if the contracts will be a little bit different with the additional game(s).

The key is Tre White can now be signed. It was a tricky contract to do before the CBA because of the 30% rule.

2 minutes ago, Charles Romes said:

OK with the 17 games.  Only way to not take away a home game from the neutral site host.  Hate the dilution of the regular season by playoff expansion.  

Bingo. I'm on the as page. Only expand playoffs if it comes with expansion teams. But oh well.

Just now, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Fans win here. Longer season. Higher chance of playoffs. NFL and players also win. More money.

I'm a fan. I lost. I don't want expanded playoffs.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

How exactly did you lose? What was lost?

The quality of the playoffs. I didn't want more quantity, I wanted to maintain the quality.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3